Screen Cages

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

+Gecko~Gaze+

Reaction score
I was just wondering what everybodies opinion's are on screen cages? They seem cheap and easy to make, but do they keep in adequate heat?
I am interested in keeping large and small pythons in them.

Unless you live up north they aren't very good for a permenent cage, they don't hold heat at all.
I use the ones from the herp shop so my lizards can get natural sunlight.They are good for that sort of thing.

Hmmm.....Ok, it just the wooden/plastic ones are so expensive...

What if they are kept outside? Its get to mid-high 30's in spring-summer and it would still be okay in winter wouldnt it? The room I have mine in is heated and they will be hibernating anyway right? It also gets pretty hot in the room I turn off their heat in the hot seasons.

From what ive been told they are quite suitable to have angle heads in (if round sydney).

Noone, do you have the new design ones from the herp shop? I just bought another three of them yesterday and the new design is just fantastic! They are now even better than the Reptariums and he has them on special this month at only $85.00 for the large ones :) I'll be getting a few more before the special finishes :)

I've only got the reptariums, been thinking about getting one of the new ones but i've got bigger fish to fry at the moment.

I have a few of the old skewl Reptariums too but am more interested in these new Herparium ones, they sound like great value for money from what you say Afro.

Question though, what makes them better than the older design ones? Besides being better value for money. Is the mesh or framing a bit stronger?

I've got one on the way to me.
Hopefully will work well for sunning Tiffany without me sitting with her for every moment warding off magpies etc. (Of course I still won't be far away, but it'll be good to be able to leave the balcony for a few minutes while she's out on the balcony).
Will let you know how it goes.
:)

As I say I bought a few when I saw the new design, they have now had a couple of problems sorted out. There used to be small openings in the tube fittings where insects could get in and the lizards couldn't get them, this has been fixed. One thing I hate about the Reptariums is the fact that you have to open the large flap to put animals in and out and this wears the zip as it is so tight on the frame. With the new Herpariums they have two zips, one for fitting the mesh to the frame and a smaller one for opening to put animals or decos etc in and out. This second point is by far the best innovation as far as I am concerned as there is no pressure on this zip so should make the whole thing last much longer. As you may have guessed by now I am very very pleased with my purchase and I have a sneaky feeling I won't be stopping at three either :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back