Croc in Sydney

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was living in a backyard pool for the last 12 years.
All the neighbours were actually sad to sse it go, wish my neighbours were that good.
They said it was legal to have them up until a few years ago and that this one was originally legal, but since the new laws it wasn't so the boys from Taronga come and caught it.

It's legal, till they grow to 1m, if you have an exhibitioners licence, then you have to start from small again.

Damn...Wouldn't mind having one of those things..it'd sure enough keep those neighbour's pesky kids in their own backyard.....Any species of croc that get to 1 metre? :twisted:

Yeah, they all will, but keep going after that :lol:

One of the smallest rocodilians would be the dwarf caiman from south america. They max out at about 7 feet.

Talking of TV tonight.
Did any of you see the getaway holiday program tonight, where the presenter was visiting a park just outsaide Darwin and he was holding a Gorgeous great big Onenpelli python! Beautiful!

Good to see NPWS saving the day in the nick of time. NOT!
Who are they saving nobody mind them have the croc, it's been there for 12yrs so they obviously no what they are doing, it was in good condition one more thing that point to good husbandry.

Causing no harm to anyone and they think they are doing the right thing.
Sure it's not held legally but it was once and they've had it for 12yrs why not let them keep it and just check up on them every few months.
The guys from taronga had no bloody idea what they were doing, took them hours to get it out.

NPWS what a bunch of wankers!

Everyone here should email or write to npws and show there disaproval of the handling of this matter. I will be. :evil:

NoOne I understand your feeling, nswpw could have simply granted these people a special permit to retain it provided it was kept in satisfactory circumstances, but we all know the law officials are the same the world over, in their tiny frightened minds, the law is the law, black and white and thats that! sadly laws in black and white will never be adequet for the wonderful variation of human behaviour and thinking, which can never be contained in words on paper! you cant write laws to cover all circumstances of life, so invariably the law fails us, time and time again. :cry:

Sounds like this was your croc NoOne!
How can you say that NPWS is in the wrong what if one day teh croc attacksed when someone was cleaning teh enclosure. Thats like saying its ok to 200km/h in the car as long as the police are not around.
Even if NPWS did allow them to keep the croc then there wound be different laws for different people and that cannot happen.

Sadly it does happen whaa, ask a person whos loved one is murdered and gets just 2 or 3 years jail , why their upset when they see someone else locked up for 10 years for fraud! Laws dont stand up to our expectations of justice also because judges have the right to make their own choices, often poor ones.

These people are well aware of the risks involed with keeping a croc, doing so for 12yrs they would know alot about the crocs behavior and how to manage it, did you see it's enclosure, looked bloody well maintained, to me.

It's the same if you keep elapids and get bitten, it's your fault.

Whaa said:
Thats like saying its ok to 200km/h in the car as long as the police are not around.

I think a better analogy would be that it's like doing 200km/h on a deserted road with nobody in sight for miles, but then getting a ticket because there is a cop with a radar gun sitting out there. I think what they are trying to say is that it would be nice if the cop would use a little discretion, and take the circumstances into consideration.

With the police it all depends on how there feeling on the day.

There was an incident in the UK, where it was found that the traffic police were playing Car snooker, one nicked a red car then went for a black, and the points were scored accordingly!
A isolated incident I'm sure, but at the end of the day there there to do a job, but very few see a grey area, just Black and White.

Politicians, now there a whole new kettle of fish! What more can you say about them.

Alot actually, but this is not the right forum so ill pass! :D

Just to bring you all up to date on FANG the croc,who i have visited on occassions,
The croc is owned by A fellow now as crocadile Eric,
He run a travelling reptile display for may years and after retirement he was informed he could keep the croc along with all his other reptiles as he had rared it from a hatchling.

I am positive NPWS new of the Croc and its location,but it only takes one person to jump the gun and ring the police.

He had spend thousands on the enclosure to ensure that the croc was happy and the public safe,including he's 2 dogs that run around in the yard.

I think if the police had contacted NPWS they could have saved allot of distress on the croc and owner.

Hope to see Fang Back in His home real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back