SNAP! comes of age and lives up to her name

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes very nice looking snake!! havent been niped yet either and that dosnt make me want to experiance it to soon 8)

Hi Artie

good to hear that Ruby is well. I started out with a feed everyy 10 days to two weeks but decided that after she came out of cooldown that I'd go to weekly feeds. I'm very conscious of not overdoing it, I don't want an overweight snake, slow and steady is definately advantageous to the snake. I will continue with the weekly feed until she gets to cooldown next year and then I plan to cut back to two weeks. She seems very healthy and is quite active and normally has perfect manners, but definately a greedy feeder. I'll just keep my eye on her progress. She shows no sign of overweight at the moment. I like snakes to look normal, I've seen some fat ones and they are not really appealing.

G

Hi Graham,
I too don?t like a fat snake and was actually sticking with Peter?s advice. As far as snap goes, she sure is a nice looking snake.
I will however feed maybe one to two weekly from now on, until March next year, just to get them a little bigger a little faster, without overdoing it.
Funny thing, only yesterday I went to Taronga Park Zoo and spoke to a reptile keeper there with a Diamond Python that looked twice the size of Ruby, and was only 2 years old.
After enquiring about feeding her, he said twice a week,sometimes even 2 mice.
Well I nearly fainted and when telling him, that?s far to much in my opinion, his thought on the matter was that all the food they get in their early age all goes into growth, but will reduce feeding to two weekly as they get a bit older to avoid obesity.
I didn?t exactly share his views on the matter.
Cheers mate :)

Ps. Ruby weighs 255gr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back