Return Of The King

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Parko,
Nick Mason is the man. He's the most entertaining drummer I have ever seen. The re-release is the director's cut. It's a bit different but the concert is the same. It may not be out in Austrailia yet. All their videos are being release on dvd. Delicate Sound of Thunder and Pulse should be out soon in the New Year.

Put me down for Pulse dvd, I hear the lighting is as fantastic as the music! Big pink floyd fan!!!!1 :D

Delicate sounds of thunder wasn't in the same calliber IMO, the best stuff was atomic heart mother, ummagumma, saucerful of secrets and maybe Darkside of the moon for easy listening.Meddle was nice too.

I also think JRRT is brilliant but when you get the time and are ready for something that makes LOTR look ordinary try the double trilogy of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. There are many similarities but the depth of character building far outshines the master work of Tolkein.

I love them both but The Unbeliever takes the prize easily for me.

G

Put me down for Pulse dvd, I hear the lighting is as fantastic as the music! Big pink floyd fan!!!!1

Pulse is amazing. They do all of Dark Side of the Moon. Even without Roger Waters its great.

Parko I love all the stuff after Piper At The Gates Of Dawn. Saucer is great but I have to say my favourite Floyd peice is Wish You Were Here. The Final Cut sucked though.

I have every one of those, Atom heart came out the year i was born! :D I also have:
momentry lapse of reason
animals
the wall
dark side of the moon
the division bell
The last gadgets of oxyminus
goodby mr pink floyd -roger waters
piper at the gates of dawn
the final cut ...........and a few obscure ones aswell!
have to say dark side is the classic, followed by division bell. :D Oh yeah and "echoes"

Floyds one of those bands that send me on a timewarp to more carefree days everytime I hear them.Roger Walters was the heart and soul of the band I say.He was ''the King'' 8)

I agree Parko, long live rodger waters! pity about syd barret though!

Ya I'll agree they were better with Roger, but most of his solo stuff really sucks. Have you seen or heard his last solo live album/dvd, In The Flesh. It really blows. I tend to think of Radiohead as continuing where Floyd left off. What time is it there anyway?

"At the third stroke it will be eleven forty eight and thirty seconds...beep...beep...beep! at the third stroke it will be......"

i read on the back of a fantail wrapper that in the first lord of the rings movie when sam and frodo are in the field new the scarecrow a car drives past in the background.i have checked and didnt see it.do any of you guys know what its on about.

I haven't noticed Roadkill, but I'll look for it next time I watch it.

A point of interest Wattso and Parko, I read that an Australian radio station listeners poll voted The Great Gig In The Sky the song of choice to have sex to. You wacky Aussies :D .

jackass is better never pogo stick sk8board after watching it i tried it and snapped myslef.

wattso said:
I have every one of those, Atom heart came out the year i was born! :D I also have:
momentry lapse of reason
animals
the wall
dark side of the moon
the division bell
have to say dark side is the classic, followed by division bell. :D Oh yeah and "echoes"
Hey Wattso......You forgot 'A Nice Pair' very early double album. Had my house broken into a few years ago and had it and a whole lot of other albums stolen along with the stereo etc. Haven't seem the album since. (no smart bums please......I mean another copy)As I said very early album.

[/quote]"At the third stroke it will be eleven forty eight and thirty seconds...beep...beep...beep! at the third stroke it will be......"
Is that from Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking?
[/list]

Kevyn, its the time recording, as heard by phoning a certain number in australia. some of us cant be bothered getting up to look at the clock! lol

Shamus, where do you live? I may be able to get you a copy of "a nice pair"............ill get back to you. :wink:

and...

Shamus said:
wattso said:
momentry lapse of reason
animals
the wall
dark side of the moon
the division bell
Hey Wattso......You forgot 'A Nice Pair' very early double album. .

... and you both forgot Obscured by Clouds, which is the soundtrack to Valley Obscured by Clouds - impressive album. Haven't even heard of The Last Gadget! sigh! Time for a visit to Red Eye Records! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back