average size of a maccie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kerry

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My maccie is now a year old, and I am wondering how big she should be. She's about 1m long and about as thick as my thumb. I would love to know how big others of the same species and age are and also what they are eating.
Cheers,
Kerry

Hi Kerry,
My blonde mac is a year old now too.
She's about 70cms long and weighs 70grms.
On average every 10 days she gets an 8-10grm fuzzy mouse, and usually puts on about 4-5grms after each feed.

I too would like to compare this with other macs of the same age... keep posting please people :)

Good to know she's not too small then, I must just be impatient to find out how big she is going to get :) At the moment she is eating pinkie rats (the pet shop was out of decent sized mouse fuzzies last time) and I am keen to get her back on the fuzzies

I think macs top out at 1m 40cm ish...
That's what I'm prepared for anyway... :)

My Maccies are as follows:
1 year old
Approximately 70 to 80 cm
#1 = 152g
#2 = 148g
#3 = 150g
#4 = 136g
They are eating 4 x Fuzzy mice each every 10 -12 days with the occasional pinky rat thrown in too

Wow, my stimmies are not quite one yet and are about 60-70cm long and weigh over 300g. They eat weaner - small rats once a week to once a fortnight.
Guess I'm a power feeder after all. ;)

I'm begining to think I under feed, but the vet checked her and my records a few months ago and thought all were good... I guess it's just horses for courses, she seems to be happy but maybe I'll chuck her a few extra ones over summer.

maybe their of different sexes. males ususally grow slow than females

my childrns and stimson are 1 and they eat about 3 pinkie mice every 3 weeks and there about 45 cm long

my adult macs are about 150cm long and weigh just over half a kilo

My 2 1/2 year old mac is 1.16m and weighs 383g. He has a fuzzy rat about once a week.

My macs go around
Male 4yrs-1.5-1.6m
Female 4yrs-1.5m
Female 6yr-1.6m
Male 2yrs-1m and the thickness of a thumb(sold now)
All eat fortnightly.
Need to weigh them too.

a large one would be about 120cm

I have 2 macs both about 2 yrs

Female ~110 cm 390g
Male ~120 cm 475g

They both get an Adult mouse around once a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back