Photos of the "Giant" Retic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
It sure doesn't look 49ft. to me....

capt.jak10512301108.indonesia_giant_snake_jak105.jpg

mdf436598.jpg

capt.sge.sdl86.301203151530.photo00.default-272x384.jpg

That is some tame wild caught retic. :wink:

I agree with you kevyn, it only looks 48 feet six inches :)
As a rough calculation judging by the people in the third photo, I would say the 3rd photo is about 1.5 meters wide at the cage front. there are four coils from side to side (say 1.3 meters av), about the same length visible running to the camera plus about the same again not visible.
So I would say 1.3 * 6 = 7.8 meters or 304.2 inches or 25.35 feet.

To be on the safe side give or take 10 feet :)

I wonder if we will ever find out the size of the animal, the mass media will lose interest if it is not a record and proberly won't continue the story.

Yeah I think so, but you would think "reptile experts" running a zoo would know shed measures arnt correct but significantly larger!

Remember where the zoo is...they're reptile knowledge is going to be extremly limited...

its all fake the man standing next to the snake is only 2.5 feet....lol

According to the London Times, Guinesse Book of World Records officals are on their way to messure the animal. Maybe they'll turn around after seeing this picture. :D Here's another Fluffy pic showing her stretched out abit. The '49fter' doesn't look this big. I think the title will stay with Fluffy. :D

aretic1.jpg

I hope this isn't too big. I'm sorry if it is, I'm still working on shrinking pictures :oops: .

Actually I just saw some video of the retic and it looks alot bigger in the video. I doubt it is 49ft. but it may just rival Fluffy for the title of the biggest snake in the world.

the SBS 6:30 news just showed the snake. Its a big animal (just in case anyone hasn't realized it yet) and the video made it look as big or bigger than fluffy!

Anyhow, the SBS 9:30 news is normally near identical to the 6:30 news so there is a very strong possibility that the story will be re-run tonight, probery at about 9:50.

I won't be home to see it again :( , I'm off to see "The return of the King", I love Elvis movies !

The topic of the retics diet came up and general consensus was that at the reported weight and length and food was probably of the human variety. :twisted:

it had the rectic on ten news at 5 its masive even compared to fluffy

Still photo's compared to live footage really do the animal no justice. Imagine actually being with the animal!

i cant believe i missed it on tv! i was upstair and when i came down my dad told me he saw the snake i told him about

i heard them say that the snake was living with a tribe of natives who worshipped it as their god. this might explain why it is so tame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back