Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollock

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'day, i' ve been thinking of getting a moniter but, i don't know where to begin, im a first class license holder and i got a coastal. I'm wondering if you's can help me out abit?

yeah i sure am, any idea of how big they get?

Go for the pigmy types like Varanus acanthurus
V. storri, V.gilleni all grow no large than 2 feet and are often refered to as the perfect bigginers monitor...

Yeah I've got one but don't know how much longer I can keep it as I am running out of cats around here and the neighbours are getting suspicious. :lol:

Belle~Belinda said:
Anyone here keep Perenties?? :D :p

Good advise from marc there.
They are great fun and i think they are top value.
I think everyone should have at least one smalller monitor.
I'm looking at my little red phase Ackie running around his cage now jumping up onto branches than leaping off with his legs spread wide out like he is trying to fly.
From memory there were some Varanus Brevicauda(Short-tailed Pygmy)Only grow to 30cms or so.They were quite expensive though.But there are always ackies and storrs for sale.

Howq big is your Perentie Retic???Awesome animal

Sorry Robert, it was a joke but it is an animal I would like if space would ever allow. They are awesome, monitors are my favourite lizards, well next to iguanas a anyway :)

Robert said:

Retic said:
Yeah I've got one but don't know how much longer I can keep it as I am running out of cats around here and the neighbours are getting suspicious. :lol:

Belle~Belinda said:
Anyone here keep Perenties?? :D :p

a perenty would be cool to have...got plenty of cats around here

What would be the price range with them ackies and Short-tailed Pygmy's and does anyone know of a breeder i could contact?

Robert said:
Good advise from marc there.
They are great fun and i think they are top value.
I think everyone should have at least one smalller monitor.
I'm looking at my little red phase Ackie running around his cage now jumping up onto branches than leaping off with his legs spread wide out like he is trying to fly.
From memory there were some Varanus Brevicauda(Short-tailed Pygmy)Only grow to 30cms or so.They were quite expensive though.But there are always ackies and storrs for sale.

yeah I have rad phase beautiful animals. V.brevicauda are for sale on the herpshop $1500.00 yow ackies you can pick up between $250-$400

Belle~Belinda said:
I saw some for sale not so long ago on the herptrader for $4000.00 each it going to be along time before I get some...lol

Would you happen to know there email for us?

Pollock said:
Would you happen to know there email for us?

if you go to www.herptrader.com.au (? on the au part) look in the lizards forsale if you cant find it contact Brian Barnet(at the herptrader) he will know...good luke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back