Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha awesome, we get mangrove monitors on the schoool oval somtimes, and always v.panoptes.................fun trying to catch em, xcept when they get defensive hehe :D

we dont have goannas at school, we have snakes. we found a olive python in the sport shed last year

pollock

you can only keep the following on a class 1 re (NSW)

V. acanthurus - Ocellate Ridge tailed Monitor
V. gilleni - Pygmy Mulga Monitor
V. gouldii - Sand Monitor
V. tritis - Black tailed Monitor

so do some home work & good luck.

Belle~Belinda said:
Stevo has some. I cant wait to get up to his Zoo and have a look around. :)

Off display, m'dear.

Hit me up when you are coming up here though, as I'll probably be back working there.

What size indoor enclosure would you need for an Ackie? I have an extra 5ft x 45-50cm x45-50cm and seing if I can keep a monitor in it on a first class NSW license.

Cheers, Jay

Magpie said:
Good advise from marc there.
They are great fun and i think they are top value.
I think everyone should have at least one smalller monitor.
Why is that Robert?

to answer a possible $hit stirring question "there the perfect beginners monitor and the species I listed are common in captivity and the cheapest" :lol:

Off display, m'dear.

Hit me up when you are coming up here though, as I'll probably be back working there.

AWW!!! I'm so envious!!! I'd kill to work up there... Why would they have them off display?

because they are my breeding stock we do not want them looking at nsw tourists heads as it is very stressful for them and this may turn the mothers off having kids

because they are my breeding stock we do not want them looking at nsw tourists heads as it is very stressful for them and this may turn the mothers off having kids

You just said that you werent really Steve...

Some animals don't take well to have 10,000 people a day walking past and tapping on their enclosures...especially when you're trying to breed them.

Ohh Ok...Thanks sxereturn...But they are in an outdoor pit :D

i am sory i have acute schitzophrenia i call it acute because sometime my other personalities are really adorable like last night i thought i was wendy from the story peter pan unfortunately i jumped off the shed roof and could not fly i think i had broken something because i can no longer walk today but this is perfectly suited to my personality at the moment as i am now christopher reeve and in reality superman cant fly or walk either

So what animals do you work with sxereturn?

I did a traineeship style thing there for a year with reptiles. I was offered a job and all set to start actually working for money there, and I broke my knee...

hahahahahahahaa sucked in howed ya mangage that i broke my arm and didnt get a cast for a week lol **** it hurt cause my niece kept on hitting in and sitting on it

Bummer sxereturn...I'd have been devasted.. Ahhh well... When can you get back to work?

Brendan, you really need to use some full stops here and there :D :p

I guess I could go back now, but I can't jump fences, and I'm not quick enough on my feet to handle bitey snakes...

Not stirring marc, just curious why someone would say that everyone should own a monitor. I would have thought that that would tend to lead to poor husbandry.
to answer a possible $hit stirring question "there the perfect beginners monitor and the species I listed are common in captivity and the cheapest"
I don't and never will have any, I'm just not keen on keeping them.
Same reason I don't have any turts.

eels said:
pollock

you can only keep the following on a class 1 re (NSW)

V. acanthurus - Ocellate Ridge tailed Monitor
V. gilleni - Pygmy Mulga Monitor
V. gouldii - Sand Monitor
V. tritis - Black tailed Monitor

so do some home work & good luck.

Thanx for the info, eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back