Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

S.Irwin

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i own a siamese cat and i am getting my first snake next week a 2 year old carpet python would the snake mistake me as food if it smells the cat on me and is there special soap i can buy to use before and after handling my snake if i do get bitten is it true that the snakes teeth break off and stay inside your skin? will it really hurt has anybody here been bitten

thankyou sob

any soap will do but I use an anti bacterial hand wash, the teeth can break off inside you but you can remove it like a splinter and treat like anyother wound that may get infected

anti bacterial wash is what i use as well ..

i got 2 cats, never had any probs with the snake smelling them and thinking he could eat me lol. well not so far anyway but ive only had him 8 months.
before i got jules i was thinking all the time oh my god i just had a sausage in bread...is he gonna eat me? lol nuthin really does it for him like the good ol smell of rodent...YUMMY. i even let him smell the cat when it was sleeping to see if he would be wanting to eat him (i wanted to know whether i might find a cat shaped lump in jules' tummy if he ever escaped) - he was intrigued but not wanting to eat him lol. just checkin out another animal i think.
i use just the antibacterial hand soap u can get from any supermarket plus i have that water free antibacterial hand gel which i would use as well say if i got crapped on lol.

It is generally considered wise to rub dead rats and mice into your forearms and face before handling any snake. Well only in your case.

thankyou for the help people i am not gullible adullthud i know if i rub rats and mice into my forearms and face that the carpet will consume me i have seen photos of people being cut out of snakes before and i even took a photo of a jungle carpet that consumed a full grown adult lady but it did not eat her whole as you would expect it to
it spat this part out

I've been bitten by a freinds Olive ( Yay! Finnaly someone else has reptiles around my area :D) And it hurts...But have you ever been bitten by a cat or dog? In my opinion it doesnt hurt more than a dog or cate bite..
I have 3 cats and my Coastal is perfectly fine around them, visa versa...If I let him, my coastal would snuggle up to the cat...

caN you post aphoto of your siamese cat?
I would like to see a cat with eight legs!
It would be pretty werd looking for sure.

caN you post aphoto of your siamese cat?
I would like to see a cat with eight legs!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well If he hasn't got a pic of a siamese cat , a conjoined one will have to do.It would still be weird looking.

lol You could definitely play the bag pipes on it!

i am sorry the only photo i have has been sent to womans weekly because i have entered it in a pets beauty pageant contest it only has 4 legs i think you must be thinking of another breed possibly an asian morph

My ex-boyfriend was bitten and squeezed by my 10ft scrub...he was playing with his cat, didn't wash his hands and BANG my girl got him. It took us 1/2 an hr to get her off. She crushed his hand and had to have a week off work.

Yes, he is now my EX boyfriend because of this incident...he hates my snakes...this is after 7 years of being together, now i am all alone with my reptiles and our 1 year old baby girl (who LOVES reptiles...especially her beardies).

When handling my snakes i have a spray bottle filled with watered down metho, i spray my hands with this and then rinse them in water before touching them, especially when dealing with my black-headed who would LOVE to eat the other snakes and knows when i've been handling them.

you dont feed the scrubby with the baby in one hand? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are better without your wimpy boyfriend, get a real man who loves snakes. I love snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back