YAY!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belinda

Reaction score
Ha ha ha...After 5 years of trying pretty much everything to get my beardie eating other things besides Superworms I have finnaly figured it out!! :D:D:D
I've put him out in the bird aviary and he's having a great time...But everytime he goes outt here he gets aggresive...Up comes the beard, out come the hisses and wide open goes the mouth :D:D He has lost a lot of wieght for only eating superworms so I tried him with a pinkie rat...Surely enough I walked up to him and he did the whole display..Opened his mouth and in went the rat...He chomped on it and swallowed it!!!! :D:D:D Is this safe to do for small pieces of Fruit/Vegies or will he choke??

i had a similar experience with my blue tongue when ever i would tread on its toes it would open its mouth and i could then feed it. from my experiences with this feeding method i created and sucessfully sold garbish bin lids to the public where if you stand on the lower section the lid will raise so you can throw your rubbish in. i am in the process of creating a similar item for the toilet now where you tread on the lower section and the seat will raise this will stop couples fighting over the man leaving the seat up

Serisouly SOB...If your going to do that, dont do it here.

going to do what i am just sharing my similar experience with you

Ok thanks Simon. Would local nurseries sell these plants? How much are they? And would they be toxic for the birds?

After 5 years of trying pretty much everything to get my beardie eating other things besides Superworms
Boy how time flies!! It only seems like only months ago that you first got him.The years really do go by quicker as you get older!

in a previous post didnt you speak of how much your beardie enjoys pinkie mice so there was no need to tread on his toes

Boy how time flies!! It only seems like only months ago that you first got him.The years really do go by quicker as you get older!

That was a different beardie, the one I got off a friend who moved over seas (It died). The one I am talking about is one My dad had at work. I would go there every so often to try and get him feeding on Veggies....So dad bought him home until I could get him feeding. He has only been at our place for about 2 years now.

is it an eastern beardie because i have found that they don't eat greens?

I have 1 if you read my post properly. The one that ate Vegies was the one that died. The one I continued to post about was the one this thread is based on. I had no problems what so ever with the one that died.

but if you have only been licenced for a few months and you owned the beardie for 2 years how did you get it on your record book? did you have to pretend it was still in your dads work friends possesion?

My dad bought it home every three days for it to be fed. Then he took it back the next day. And then of course I got attached to it. So dad bought it off the receptionist lady and got a reptile licence. But it expired and that's when I got my own licence and kept it on mine.

Belle~Belinda said:
So dad bought him home until I could get him feeding. He has only been at our place for about 2 years now.

I thought that you had it at your place permanately not sure what gave me that idea :wink:

your dads work friend must of felt pretty silly being a licenced keeper and having to give it out several times a month to a child that has never kept a reptile to feed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back