reptile question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marc

Reaction score
found out the old scientific name for The coastal taipan when it was first discribed, clue it shared the same name as the yellow faced whip snake?

_popp_ said:
Pseudechis scutellatus,is that what your looking for.
cheers popp

sorry thats not the write answer keep looking (just a freindly game) I know the real answer :wink:

is it psammophis that is the similiar word?

i just read in an article on the taipan,the Wikmunkan people used to call the taipan the rainbow snake,is there a rainbow snake & a rainbow serpant?I was under the impression that the rainbow serpant was a water python can anyone clear this up.

Keeth said:
is it psammophis that is the similiar word?

good try psammophis is the name for the yellow faced whip snake.....looking for the share family name..keep trying

the rainbow serpent was a giant snake that was beleived to have created some mountains and waterways. i learned all this from a childrens book though. classic

Keeth said:
the rainbow serpent was a giant snake that was beleived to have created some mountains and waterways. i learned all this from a childrens book though. classic

The name isnt as old as the rainbow serpent... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back