Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a bunch of bloody red necks specially Pistol Pete "Most snakes are for killing. What else can I say?"[/b]

so sad, also noticed how a few of the Australians said that all snakes stink....idiots. what can i say...snake haters and 22's go together :twisted:
p.s. varanus i love your spencers monitor, what are larger monitors like to keep as pets?

Keeth said:
so sad, also noticed how a few of the Australians said that all snakes stink....idiots. what can i say...snake haters and 22's go together :twisted:
p.s. varanus i love your spencers monitor, what are larger monitors like to keep as pets?

you should check out their personal gallery its really cool and they walk their spencers on a lesh...no no really they do

yeah thats where i noticed it. beautiful animal :D

i want to keep some goulds monitors but it is impossible to find anyone who breeds them or even knows if they are good as captives.

Heh Marc, naw he walks us!

Keeth, the Spencer is a classic, has a great personality and is unbelievably tame. He'll hang out draped over your shoulder for as long as he's allowed and pretty much would prefer to live outside of his enclosure. Although a few times he's been spooked and dug his nails in, quite unpleasant.

We feed him a couple of tablespoons of kangaroo mince every other day, growth rate is amazingly quick. Added bonus .. cheap to feed compared to snakes.

varanus said:
Heh Marc, naw he walks us! quote]

I saw this hippy guy walking his goat the other day, the thing is I live in the middle a Brisvages, so I usually see puupies, great dame, rotties and know a goat :lol: I 'll show them all I'll get a monitor and walk around the block.

maybe a comodo and I can ride it....lol

Ahueh .. thats some funny shet Marc!
Saikrett, I have no idea, never kept 'em. Get one and let us know how it goes :D

saikrett said:
what about heath monitors, varanus?

Varanus rosenbergi are cool, but what about Varanus mertensi there my favs

varanus said:
Quick reply seems to be going funny ......

Marc, I'd love some Mertens! Maybe one day :)

I have four juvs only a month old...and $hit do they bite

varanus said:
Do they manage to lacerate at that age?

Show 'em who's boss - bite 'em back!

not when they just bite down its when they twist that gets ya

Heh, the little skink in our gallery does that. He latches on and then twists ... and stays latched on for ten minutes. Only difference is it's funny when it's only a 15cm skink.

varanus said:
Heh, the little skink in our gallery does that. He latches on and then twists ... and stays latched on for ten minutes. Only difference is it's funny when it's only a 15cm skink.

yeah you better watch it it will rip your arm off ....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back