Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful animals!
I have never kept one, but a mate has a few eggs in the incubator right now, so when they hatch and I get one I shall let you know ;) Can't wait!

i was told the next issue of reptiles australia will have them in there

iluvmyreptiles do you no how much they are worth??
yeh let me now how they are when you get them cos how awsome do they look... i love there purple kinda colouring...
ta nev

They are the BEST!
I think they usually go for about $600 as hatchies, over $1000 as adults.
Good luck finding them though, not many around, although they ARE there.
Not hard to keep, just very diferent requirements to a beardie. No basking spot, PBT of about 30C, will only eat live food usually, but some will eat fruit I believe. Altogether awesome animals though, 1st on my list when I get my class 2.

WOW i was thinkin oh yeh bout 200 max :(
dammit im to pov... lol... wats PBT magpie?
and do you need a different license for them than the beardies??
nev

I've heard they dont bask to thermoregulate, could someone please tell me how they regulate their temp? very fascinating animal. also heard they've become endangered dus to climate change.very nice looking animal, reminds me of iguanas.

yeh magpie said that... but in melbourne terms is that under a basic license? cos we only have basic and advance licenses...
ta nev

we cant keep em in vic neven :(

i may cry now :cry:

Boyds forest dragon (Hypsilurus boydii) is one of two species in this family that acures in Australia the other is the southern angle headed dragon (Hypsilurus spinipes) Boyds being the northern species, both really great animals

iluvsmyreptiles said:
A member on this site keeps them. Adam (ad) might be able to help out with how to keep them healthy in captivity.

i heard from a reliable source that the boyds in the next issue of reptiles australia will actually be photos of his animals

S.Irwin said:
iluvsmyreptiles said:
A member on this site keeps them. Adam (ad) might be able to help out with how to keep them healthy in captivity.

i heard from a reliable source that the boyds in the next issue of reptiles australia will actually be photos of his animals

that would be cool because my spinipes artical is going in the one after

excellent if this is true what i hear and i have no reason to doubt it because i trust the person that told me this magazine should have some excellent articles in the next few issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back