Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god! Thats gross.
I have another story.
I was barrelling down a narrow dirt track on my motorbike. I realised too late that the branch lying across the track was in fact a brown snake.(Branches don't normally rear up and strike at you).
It was too late to stop and the track was to narrow to swerve.Let me tell you , it's not easy riding a motorbike with your feet above your head.

kevyn said:
Here's a bad reptile moment brought to you by a prairie rattlesnake. Hope this isn't too graphic.

snake%20bite001.jpg

For the record, that's not my thumb.

thats lovely kevyn :(

Thanks for showing us again Marc!

some people lick cane toads to get stoned from the toxins

ad said:
I love the story in the alan cann / snakes alive.
The bushie is showing off the dead snake, in a jar, that bit his finger, he amputated his finger and had his severed finger in the bottle with the dead snake.
Proud as punch, until it was pointed out that it was actually harmless.

I havent met Alan. I'll ask John who he is next time I see him. Might be a cousin or something.

Im pretty sure its father/son, Maybe it was John who wrote the book, Im not sure now but it is an awesome book about the pioneers of the herp scene.
How they coped with our tiger snakes and the venom etc. Its a great read.
One Irishman imported a ship full of dirt from Ireland and had a trench around his property filled with Irish dirt becuase he believed it would keep the snakes out.
Some of the early guys who produced their own cures for snake bite and accepted the bite to prove it, through to the side shows etc.
Fantastic Read if you get a chance.

Dear Mr. Irwin,
In the name of good taste I removed the parts of your post that could be offensive to members or unsuitable for younger members. Please try and keep some sort of good taste in your humour. Don't mean to offend you but I really do consider that unsuitable for the site. Sorry.

Heres some beauties ive heard time and time again.
A horse hair rope laid across a snakes path will break its back as it tries to crawl over it.
Injured snakes don't die until sunset.
Death Adders have a sting in their tail.
Milk attracts snakes.
The dreaded "hoop snake" can actually bite its tail, shape itself into a hoop and roll downhill after you.
If you kill a snake it's partner will seek revenge and hunt you down.

The sad thing is people who tell you these things really believe their true :shock:

Yes the old partner track you down one that happened to me now i have to live in an house with all the doors locked. heres my wife crap the snake............................................................................................. im running with my laptop..................................................................................if i kill it will its babies get me ........................................one way to find out....................................... yikes now theres about 20 of the things.

Once heard of a bloke named groobo that is the gayest groob in the world and got fed to a grandmas old germs

Don't know how much can be put into this one but growing up in the bush, heard quite a number of mums claiming that snakes were attracted to the smell of breastmilk.

Ohh.. no further explanations needed. Gosh must be getting old when I am no longer savvy with the current slang. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back