Albino beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unreal to see these albino beardies, and great too read the comments.I reckon they'll look awesome when they're bigger.What about the albino carpets (Darwins) that have just been bred :?: I'm sure you guys have heard the news.The original albino Darwin has beautiful yellow.Most pics of her don't show the yellow well at all but this pic of her is a ripper and apparently still doesn't do her justice for anyone who hasn't seen this pic or any of her before.

By the way, did the whole clutch of beardies that the albinos came from hatch to get the 8 normals and 4 albinos?Just interested to see how many eggs there were.I know that 1/4 of each clutch of the carpets were albino.

Browns

first post for me after reading all the forums for a while.Sorry if it's not all about the beardies..........

Retic,
I think anyone would be very naive to think that just about all the australian reptiles available overseas didn't appear there till after the ban on their export.Some bearded dragons however have been legally exported to Germany for research purposes and these have now,again legally,made their way to the US.
Some of the major US bearded dragon breeders do have serious problems with their animals due to inbreeding,producing very weak stock,especially the more vibrant coloured animals.These new animals are now being used to try and inject a bit of life back into the bearded dragon population of the United States.
Regards,
Splitmore

By the way, did the whole clutch of beardies that the albinos came from hatch to get the 8 normals and 4 albinos?
Browns,
I'm not sure how many eggs were actually in the clutch,I don't actually personally know the person that bred them.It would be logical to assume that both the parents are heterozygous for albino (which would give 25% albino 50% het-albino and 25% normals in any given clutch).The ratio which hatched in this clutch is pretty close to that.
Regards,
Splitmore

Although your post doesn't actually warrant a reply Irwin, here goes.
For a start all Bob's albino's are dead,they currently reside in his freezer.His hatched two years ago,if you look at the pics I posted they are of hatchlings taken just recently. Also there are a select few who have actually seen these lizards in my collection so if you require further proof contact me off post and i'll supply you with some names and phone numbers.
Over the past few weeks you have proved yourself a dick head time and time again on this site and it's good to see once again you've stepped up to the mark. Just a word of advice I'd tread very carefully if I were you,your remarks about me are bordering on slander and although you may think aliases can hide your identity on forums such as this it's relatively easy to track you down.
If you wish to discuss anything with me don't hesitate to contact me on 0414 449 887.
Regards Chris Wienholt (aka splitmore)

gday chris, a mate of mine bought a snake off you years ago. herping is a small world. good to see you.

hey splitty i aint been here for weeks groobo head has it really been 2 years already it went really fast and i do know bob withey

mark stop being a booger breath

Oh great an S Irwin with a split personality and a pathetic little talent for being insulting rather than insightful.
SIrwin, children should be seen and not heard and name dropping to achieve credibilty is so dated.

Splitmore said:
Although your post doesn't actually warrant a reply Irwin, here goes.
For a start all Bob's albino's are dead,they currently reside in his freezer.His hatched two years ago,if you look at the pics I posted they are of hatchlings taken just recently. Also there are a select few who have actually seen these lizards in my collection so if you require further proof contact me off post and i'll supply you with some names and phone numbers.

Seen them, kids have held them, give me a call on 0405 008 714 if you want to verify....actually got an email off bob today, would be happy to pass on his number to you, though as you are such good mates sure you would have his number.

As a partial albino myself and have been my whole 28 years on earth i might know a bit about it......yes it means that there is a lack of pigment and there are various forms...........My eyes are allergic to the sun and fluroescent light and my skin is very pale.........and i have some freckles...........some albinos actually have no pigmentation at all.......you know .....white hair .....pink eyes.............etc.........i believe the same thing to happen in animals too.........we all need the extra care............. :wink:

s.Irwin..............know bob too and i will see him saturday night.............how is that for name dropping........or does john weigel sound good too......see him every wednesday

name dropping is not cool in the fashion you are using it .......and it can make enemies too

Well put Spiderlady. There is nothing wrong with having well known people as friends, actually it can be quite beneficial :lol: sometimes, but to use someones name and reputation just to s*** stir could end up with you no longer counting the said person as a mate adn SIrwin you sound like someone who cannot afford to ofend the few 'friends' you believe to have.

sorry about the last post..........i hate name droppers..........we are all going to meet the same people at some point with herpotology being a relatively small hobby compared to others.........there are so many people who know bob and John.............there is no need to drop his name anywhere..........he is well known

once again to those who might take offence or take it the wron way i am sorry

Hay all's cool Spiderlady. I definately wasn't aiming my last post at yourself rather another and nothing you posted was offensive just honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back