Jungle Carpet Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was told this guy was a JCP but he's pretty dark and was wondering what the hell he is? He could just be a dark JCP but I'm just not sure on it. He kind of almost looks like a JUNGLExDIAMOND, but like I said, I'm not sure. Here he is...

100_0827.sized.jpg

If you need more pics just let me know, I've got more of him. Thanks.

looks like a coastal to me...but hey i'm not that experienced :wink:

i think he is a coastal. if it is well atleast its a carpet python. i hope u wernt ripped off

That is a COASTAL for sure...I've got a coastal pretty much the same......anyway the good thing is that it is a carpet snake

looks like my coastal too
id put money on it being a coastal

As a guide take a look at the head it should display a skull type pattern if it is a Jungle. This marking is a Jungle trait, although a Jungle X Coastal may also display a similar pattern it would atleast allow you to verify if it indeed has Jungle in it.

The skull pattern
The so called "skull marking" starts out bulky at the top of the snakes forhead and tapers to a shorter span between the snakes eyes.

The so called "cheek bone marking" or "jaw bone marking" comes from the forhead down the sides of the snakes head and around or through the snakes eyes meeting at the front point of the snout.

The first time I saw him I thought he was a coastal. I wasn't ripped off I got him on a trade for a couple of ball pythons that wouldn't eat and a pair of male Cook's tree boas that were really cheap and sold to me as a breeding pair. No big deal, I happen to like coastals more than jungles. The guy I got it off of was really insistant that he was a jungle, but he's a over a year old and no colour change... Here's a head shot, dosen't look like a skull pattern to me.

100_1472.sized.jpg

I recon jungle X carpet, or jungle X jungle/carpet.
The markings are pretty cool though.
I don't think there's any diamond in it.

I dont think its a jungle, could be a coastal or any mix. Of all the jungles i have seen, they always have a really strong head pattern, even when they are old, whereas the darwins, coastals etc i have seen lose their head pattern when they mature.

lmfao!!
My 19 month old jungle looks exactly the same!! Her parents were black and gold and her siblings were of the same colour pattern. I got her off a respectable breeder (Breeder from Gates of Eden pet shop) and her head patterns have been confirmed by a few peeps up at SOFAR (Newcastles reptile group) as a jungle mark.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

(Id get a newer pic, but shes in pre-shed phase atm and she looks angry :) )

Cheers, Jay

lmfao!!
My 19 month old jungle looks exactly the same!!
I had a look at your photo Lunar and your jungle looks nothing like the photo of Kevyn's 'jungle'.
Lmfao!!
I have a Coastal that looks exactly the same!!(as Kevyn's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back