homemade

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkgone

Reaction score
hows iot hangin?Just wanted to know,Has anywone made their own enclosures (for lizards) also could u post some pics?thanks

i just finished making my new nt carpet cage. ill try get some pics

its just id like to make a enclosure,igot a few tools for christmas and i want to put the to good use.So if anyone could give us a hand on how to make a top enclosure ill be so grateful.thanks

Top enclosures are the same to make as bottom ones but don't need to be so strong as there is nothing going on top of them.

any book that shows you how to make a cabinet or similar sort of furniture can be used with the plans slightly adapted for your beardie. also www.finegtps.com has instructions on how to make a nice snake enclosure which could also be slighlty changed or adapted for your beardie.
good luck

plans of my enclosures are in my gallery bk

I wondered that too Nev, how about we both answer? Oh OK then, I'll go first :)
I made a 6x2x2 or in you young-uns language 1800x600x600. Sliding glass doors with lock two stats, six ceramic sockets, thermometer,(dual chanel with humidity meter,digital), light guards and pine stand. Cost about 400 all up. Sorry don't remember what the wood alone cost me but prob about 120 bucks

Nice enclosure, Nev. Nifty! ...um .... Nifty Nev! :) I would have perhaps mounted the thermostat a tad higher, as I notice yhou've got it set to maximum temp in one of your other photos), but very nice. Like the background too. :wink:

nah the thermo its set so high cos the cage is pretty tall... i really need to buy a higher wattage heatlamp but that will hv to come after i pay the 250 i owe my parents hehe
nev

my cage is 1400x600x600 some one else can convert that to feet lol
the wood for mine was free... just asked a wood yard if i could have their wood cretes they use to transport wood on... once broken apart n sanded back comes up a treat...
my glass cost $30, sandstone background was $60 (including cutting) then spent about $120 on glues, varnish, oil, lights, thermometer, vents etc
nev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back