RE: Children's python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think it'll happen, lol powerball dont have an 81 :wink:

I knew there was a reason why I wasn?t too sure about those numbers:lol:

Two foot tank is to big. get asmaller plastic one with the clip on lid and a heat pad. Put the heat pad under one end only. Make sure there is somewher to hide. Let your snake settle in for a week before you play with it to much.
Get a few books and read read read. I think you really need to.

i agree with adullthud it sounds like you rushed in so you should read alot of books on snakes and basic reptile care

Two things amaze me about this thread.

1 - Someone sold this person a snake. How irresponsible can you be?

2 - Yet another person has bought a reptile, and know nothing about it.

Thank you everyone for your help except sxereturn. I know alot about reptiles, but i had to sort a few things out and also i have done a lot of research for the snake i am getting. This person said:
1 - Someone sold this person a snake. How irresponsible can you be?

2 - Yet another person has bought a reptile, and know nothing about it.

which i am so annoyed and what that person said which is cruel. tell me what everyone thinks about what that person said?

Shaun,

I can see why you might be a little upset by sxereturn's comments, but I don't think they are of a personal nature, so they were not moderated.

Let's not ask for anyone else's opinion on the comments, but focus on what you came to the site for which is information on how best to care for your Children's python.

There are some care sheets in the article section, and a search feature that helps find posts on specific aspects of care, and some good books to read up on.
Please enjoy the site and never hesitate to ask more questions.

thanks "hey im sam" for defending me. At least some people like you and others aren't mean like that. enjoy Australia day? LOL

Yes, you've obviously researched reptiles a lot, because you knew it was normal for a hatchling snake to hide a lot, you knew they were nocturnal, you knew what size enclosure it should be in, you knew how to heat the enclosure,

</sarcasm>

What I said was not cruel, it was the truth. You know what is cruel? You owning an animal that you know nothing about.

These are living animals. It's not a TV or a computer game, where you can find out how it works after you buy it.

don't take it to hard shaun. Most of us purchased first snake with little knowledge. And we learned in process.
Some people are perfectionists like sexreturn and studied before getting first animal, but most people do get snake first and try to get knowledge quickly after purchase.
You will find on this site all sorts of people, Tolerant people, friemdly people, People who like to argue and people who like to show how smart they are.
I would recommend you to ignore personalities which do not suit you and do not argue or reply to they posts.
Most of people do that in open forums.
If you get suck in to fight and start to abuse members, you are risking that you upset moderators.
Be nice tolerant and you will find many friends here on APS.

thank you for the advise people and keep on herping!!! I researched the snake before i got it. I brought "Keeping children's pythons" before I got my snake and I read the book and also I brought "caring for Australian Reptiles in captivity" interesting books. "Keeping children's pythons" book was from Australian Reptile Keeper publications through the website.
I have a few questions:
1) Will the 4 month children's python escape it tank although the tank has a lid on it?
2) When does the python go to the toilet and how often?
3) I brought the snake home on the 24th of January and it was stressed, but today it is still stressed a bit. Is this normal or should I be worried about the python?

1. It depends on the lid
2. A few days after feeding
3. Leave it alone for at least a week before handling it

if it has any holes bigger than 3mm in diameter the snake can escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back