Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCHERPS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Found this little guy in my house, he seems to be living behind some brickwork inside my house.

He looks to me like a Grass skink (Lampropholis guichenoti) ,but I'm not 100% he also looks like a small Eastern water skink(eulamprus quoyii)??

http://www.aussiepythons.com/albums/ncherps/DSCF0005.jpg

Anyone say for sure what he is?

Sorry the photo's not the clearest!

Thanks in advance.

Neil

I've seen bigger. You just see a huge majority of young ones - I don't think many make it to that size.

is grass skink the same as garden skink cause reptile-1989 wrote garden skink so i wrote it

either a young eastern water skink or a barred-sided skink (Eulamprus tenuis tenuis). i found those two in "frogs and reptiles of the sydney region" by Ken Griffiths

I'm with keeth, i'd say barred-sided skink. My parents have Eulamprus martini which are very similar and they live in the brick work of an outdoor bbq and are often found roaming inside the house.

possible a Eulamprus tentuis or barred sided skink. its a common species from around Sydney its not the typical water skink E.quoyii but the same Genus. The way you can tell is look at the narrow dark line on nape, upper secondery temporal scale overlaps lower and 22-27 lamellae scales under 4th toe..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back