sloth and feed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwarren72

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I am looking for advise on what is the normal length of time for a hatchling to sloth and then feed? has anyone heard of it taking four weeks?

Is it its first shed, my hatchlings macs had their first at 10days (8 of them within 24hours of each other), 2nd shed around 5 weeks, though I have one that hasn't fed and only shed once.
They all vary, (unless is has retained some, nothing to worry about) just make sure that there is enough humidity in the tank (put water bowl under/over heat source) and keep an eye out for blue/cloudy eyes and skin and in the next week or so they should shed.

I have never heard of a first shed taking that long, everything Olivaceus71 said is correct, usually around 10 days. The feed may take up to 4 weeks which isnt abnormal, they have enough reserve to keep them going for that long, it would be starting to get to be a worry though, my hatchies fed within 2 days of the shed.

... and that should be, "Cool, English lessons too". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back