Greebos snake op

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stockeh

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey greebs,

Just a note to check on the out come of the op today, hope all went well, keep us all posted as there are a fair few people that are concerned for you

Cheers
Matt

Thank you very much Stockeh.
The vet gives her a 50/50 chance which is better than I expected.

I bought her off a guy called Kevin Sturgess. The other two I got off him are fine so far. The vet was of the opinion that she was probably a wild caught snake.He is most likely right.

sorry mate but what was wrong with the snake?

50/50 is better odds than you thought, good news. when will you know? heres wishing you luck.

50/50 they would be odds you would have to take if you were a betting man.... all the best anyway keep us informed

Matt

Yeh Greebs. I finding to have problems with most of adult snakes i purchased in past. That is why I am relactant to buy adults snakes from distance , with out checking and having continuous contact with seller.
It is shame that lot of adult snakes on market have this type of problems. After few bad experiances, I am curefull from who I buy now.

The vet called at 6pm. He managed to get all her bits back inside her and stitched her back up for the time being. He said that she came out of the anasthetic ok and now we have to wait to see how she goes overnight.
Not out of the woods yet.

awww greebs what happened to ur snakey? :(
im sorry i havent been aorund a few days i musta missed it...
hope she's ok

Progress update.
I brought Nelly home on Thursday morning. Two hours later she passed some more worms (dead this time ) and her intestine was sticking out about 1cm. Enough for me to race her straight back to the vets.
When the vet checked her, it had gone back in by itself, which is great. The vet was even happier to hear she had passed some dead worms. He anethetised her and checked her out. He found a dead patch on the inside of her intestine about the size of a 50c piece which came away.The vet said this is also good. He kept her over night and I picked her up on Friday morning.
I just checked her 5 mins ago and she is doing fine. All I have to do is get her eating with in two weeks or she will be getting force fed.
The vet was great and the total bill only came to $90 which was a pleasant surprise.

Great news! Very glad to hear she's doing better! :)

Greebo,
Pleased to hear that she is on the mend.
That is one hell of a nice Vet to charge that amount, he must be one of the very few that have a genuine interest in reptiles and don't try to charge silly money just because it is an unusual pet. What's his name and phone number for my future reference?

Cheers
Neil

good to hear greebs... see what happens when all these people offer well wishes... congrats mate
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back