can you id this snake? Just for fun~ no donkeys avail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc's is mine isnt.......................

no, that was guessed already Kevyn......................

HEY-IM_SAM!!!!!!!! WELL DONE!!!!!
some info~
This species was discovered almost by accident, its existence being confirmed only in the 1980s. Even then for some time it was uncertain as to whether it was a subspecies of V. exanthematicus, since the morphological differences were restricted to the hemipenes. Daniel Bennett notes however that differences in blood proteins and the structure of the hemipenes and lungs were sufficient to prove species validity. The Yemen Monitor's range is among the foothills of Yemen's mountains at altitudes of 1,000-4,500 ft, where it is relatively common (Steel). This area is characterised by basaltic rocks with both wild vegetation (buses, acacia trees and Euphorbia) and cultivated fields. Steel notes that this monitor is mainly diurnal. It is drawn to watercourses to forage for insects, especially beetles, and snails, but will also take young hares. Although this seems a predominantly invertebrate diet, Steel notes that captives will eat a more varied menu including the more usual vertebrate items. I am not aware whether Yemen Monitors are being kept in captivity by private keepers. Click here for a picture. B I

url's~
http://www.mampam.50megs.com/monitors/yemen.html
http://www.gulf-news.com/Articles/news.asp?ArticleID=68123

$h!t the minute I read yemen I knew that was it. I knew I recognized it from the second pic but couldn't for the life on me remember what it was. Good one Wattso you got me. I'll have to return the favour.

Told ya it was a doozy, lol nice lizard too! :D

How about this baby........should get this one quick, cute eh?
guess3.gif

Spot on NC ,well done! Bit weird lookin arnt they! :D

dumeril's monitor for those who guessed it your right :lol:

its gravid Anomalopus skink but I dont know what kind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back