Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sxereturn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I bought a baby Jungle last night (along with a baby Diamond, yay!). I went to get him out of his enclosure before, and he grabbed my finger. Even though he's bitten me half a dozen times already, I wasn't really switched on. I jerked my hand a bit, which sent poor Mr Jungle about 3 feet into the air, completed a full backflip, and landed perfectly on my bed. He's alright, I feel like **** though.

That's happened with me a couple of times,especially havin a lot of ull on snappy jcp's.Now i let em bite and it doesn't phase me.You become used to it affter a while.

Lucky he landed on a soft bed.Don't eel bad about it.Mine wound up on the floor :!:

Heh! When I bought my first snake from Bob W, the first thing he warned me about was to NOT react like that! He said he'd had a couple of people who killed hatchlings by reacting like that and they died after impacting the wall of the room! :shock: "You break it, you bouight it!" :)

yeah whoooooops alright a mate of mine did that with a death adder while force feeding it (force feeding elapids is bad news :lol: )

I remember back in 1994 (I think) have a coffie with BW during a court hearing.......Funny sort of chap :lol: great stories..... :roll:

wouldnt like to say sorry, but he didnt get done for it, passing the buck and all that, to give you a clue S.Irwin testified to it

lol i dont no how you guys can controll urself n not pull back, especially if its unexpected.... if it happened to me the snake would end up across the room in 2 sec...
nev

iv done it too it was when i first got my coastal and i was putting him in his new home. then wamo he bit and then flue on to the coffee table on the on the other side of the room. he hasnt bittin me again since that day :roll:

Whoops

Simon,

Thanks for you kind words. It is obvious to me that you must be what we like to call in this industry a armchair expert. ie Keep a snake for a month and now the worlds leading expert.

Lets answer your comments. Yes I have a large collection so in your view it must be unhealthy. Why then do I breed more reptile than anyone in Australia. Could it be I employ people to maintain my animals while I am on the road and maybe they are healthy afterall. Could it be I have one of the best setups in Australia. Or have I magically found a way to breed unhealthy snakes continually every year.

Secondly, that poor excuse for an Olive I had at the Sofar display was so unhealthy that she had laid 25 beautifull eggs only 3 months prior. This was her third laying in 3 years. As for her colour, she has been dark since she hatched. Just a tip, not all snakes are the same colour. Now for the creases down her sides, most captive held adult Olives have these. Most olive owners will varify this. Did I mislead the public. I think not, just check around.

Now for my comments on milking my snakes. I never said it was irrisponsabe, I clearly stated why I did not milk my own snakes. Even you agreed with your comments I was 100% correct. So again, where did I mislead the public. As for your comment re the ARP milking program, they have a open collect permit to keep replaceing the milking snakes as they need them. Never did I say the ARP should not milk snakes.

As for you comments stating my shows are so misleading and that I spoilt the Expo day, its funny why the SOFAR commitee booked me at the end of the day for the following years expo. Maybe they dont have your knowledge of reptiles and didn't see the flaws in my show. or maybe your just an idiot.

As for my poor quality shows, isn't strange how I have been NSW school preformer of the year for the past 8 years, have won best exhibit at most agriculture shows I have attended over the years, had the best review in NSW when assessed for licence renewals by the Dept of Agric , and I am continually asked to lecture at herp society meetings on keeping and breeding. Funny how no one else has spotted that I mislead people.

neven said:
lol i dont no how you guys can controll urself n not pull back, especially if its unexpected.... if it happened to me the snake would end up across the room in 2 sec...
nev

it comes with practice :lol:

Simon,
I see the green eyed monster seems to have well and truly got a hold of you there.Nothing like the age old past time of cutting down anyone who is doing better then yourself.
I have known and been a personal friend of Bob's for over 15 years so I probably know him better than most people on this list and can say that just about all you have written is complete bull ****.
Can I ask how many times you've visited Bob's place and seen his collection?I know first hand how much time and money he spends on his animals so I'm not sure where you get the idea that he can't look after them.As far as his shows go his record speaks from itself.I don't think anyone would stay in business in such a small industry if he had no idea what he was doing.
I've been in this game for over 15 years and I've never heard of you Simon but you seem to be one hell of an expert,particuarly on other peoples business.
How about putting a list up of the species and numbers of reptiles you breed year after year and compare that to Bob's.I think I know who would come out on top there.
I'm not sure why but this hobby seems to attract more than it's fair share of ............I know Bob has had to endure the tall poppy syndrome for many years so I don't think your comments Simon will really worry him too much. As for 'craig' how well do you know Bob?Well enough I hope that you can refer to him as a 'bloody idiot' or are you just another one of those gooses I'm referring to above.
I apologise to Jan and Adam as I know my post will probably add to the bickering they are trying to cut out of this site but if we didn't have the ..... here we wouldn't have the problem in the first place.
Chris Wienholt

Well said splitmore
Simon, Bob Withey's reputation has been built over many years, you are the only person I have heard comment negatively about him. And to rant about speculative things like you have is petty.
Comparing milking personal snakes and labs who do it on a wholesale level is ridiculous. Comparing battery hens to prize chickens.
Olives do have colour variations and the animal was no doubt very healthy, your opinion of overfed may differ from others.
I think there is more of a jealous / tall poppy thing here and you shouldnt attack highly respected herps on this site just because they are not members. (unless its steve irwin!)

I am not supporter of Bob whithey for few personal reasons. I do not like the way he conduct his buying customers and fallowing up enquiry. But I would newer call him idiot or put his profesionall skills down. He know about Australian reptiles more than most of us here and I respect him as herp expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back