Worming

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Just been reading greebos thread about his poor snakey :( and was wondering how many of u guys actually regularly worm their snakes? i have never wormed mine and recently called the vet to ask him if i should and he told me that it wasn't necessary if he was only ever eating frozen food. what do u guys think?
and the other thing was do u take new snakes to the vet for a once over when u get them? i just picked up my new snake who's about 2 yrs old and was going to take her just for a general check over but wasnt sure if it was really necessary.
thanx guys :)

My vet recommended twice yearly regardless!??!!

Your vet likes money :) Hehehe, sorry mate but I couldn't resist that one :) I only feed frozen and never worm my snakes, I occasionally put some crap under the microscope and if I ever see anything wormlike will be off to the vet. As yet, touch wood, nothing. Works for me, (so far). If I was feeding fresh, live or other than frozen I would have regular vet visits. JMO

Really? ok .have your snakes ever had worms on the frozen only diet?

Monty hasnt so far.[touch wood]

Zoe,
I would recommend taking your new snake to the vet to be checked. I do this with all of my snakes, and still keep them in quarantine. Not willing to risk my current babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back