It's not quite page six but...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vat69

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I got invited out of the blue to do an interview with a local paper about being a "girl who likes reptiles". The fantastic Mr. Montgommery had given my number out to a local pet store who are running herp husbandry 'courses' and was adertising in the paper. So I went along, got a heap of photos taken and was interviewed. To my upmost disapointment my big (high yellow :p ) diamond is shedding at the moment, so I had to take my mini-male Trevor with me. I also took some shots with someone else's snake, so if the pic's of a really dark diamond, it's not mine..as nice as she was... :p

So yeah, they didn't ask me any questions about what I thought of the licsencing system or exotics (which would have been more interesting)...more like questions on what their names are and what my mother thinks of me owning herps. I also got to meet Colin from Crocodile Encounters, he does school shows and what not, if anyone knows him. Cool guy. :D

Apparently there's a picture of me on the front page of the Central Coast Herald today. I've not seen it myself yet, so comments are welcome (aslong as they're nice ones!) :wink:

That's awesome! :) By the time I get back home to the Coast tonight all the newsagencies will be shut which sucks...I would of loved to of seen the article!

Well I've scanned the pic and article. I'm not really scanner literate, so I'm not sure how it worked out..It's too big to attach with this message, so I'll try putting it in my gallery if anyone could be bothered looking. I can make a link, right?
http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...ery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

They made a mistake too, that's not my Trevor in the photo, it's Lucy, someone else's snake. :? And I have to admit, it's not the most indepth of articles. Lol. :) Oh, and uh I don't "walk around with them all the time"..that makes me sound like a tool. Lol. :roll:

Lol Greebo, I wish! :lol:

Cool...the article says that the pet store was granted the first licence on the Central Coast to sell herps...Am I missing something here? Isn't it totally illegal for shops to sell them in NSW? I'll have to go check that place out on the weekend - it's only up the road and I didn't even know it existed!

It's not quite like that. They hold special 'courses' there where you learn the basic husbandry of say, a children's python. Included in the course is a basic setup and a snake. It's my understanding that it's not the actual pet shop that sells the snakes, they're provided by a local breeder. So it's just like buying from the breeder, but doing it in a roundabout way. If you get what I mean? :)
They can't sell the animals on the pet shop premises while the shop is open, so nothing's really changed. It still costs you like $450 all up. I'd do it if it was a cheapr way of getting snakes. Lol.

lol typical media writing things different to what they really are - I'd like to see NPWS's reaction when they read that article :p I might of considered doing one of those courses except I've already found my new baby and am making my own viv - ah well :)

It is the same with Kellyville pets.
You do a begginers basic course on reptile husbandry and you have the option to purchase a childreni etc if you wish.

back when i was 10 the blue mountains gazette did a front page article on my collection the headline was " Snakes alive! Tom's slithering pals". must have been a slow week to put me on page 1.

Damn got pretty excited about that shop gets license thing till I realised it was just a kellyvillepets "thing". Was thinking laws were changed. probly for the best.

Hey Cheapscotch! We've missed you! Don't work too hard at uni..

Congrats on your new found fame!
Looking very good, and I especially love your taste in nail polish.

Don't be a stranger. :)
Cheers, Nic

i was in a local newspaper about my reptile. they change my words around and i sounded like a right d!ckhead!!!

the news must love herps i was aproched to do a story in the sunday mail ?? but i turned it down

You beat me to it Nicole; I was about to comment on the nail polish as well, reminding me on someone else?s on APS, he he

I sent an email to Totally Wild (Channel 10) about our Reptile Show that will be held at Easter. I got a message that it has been passed on to the production manager and they will get back to me if they plan to do a story on it.

Greebo said:
Wow! Are you a model?
Hang on..... I have the Daily Telegraph...

Hehe Greebs, Tuesdays tele had my gold vittie and my male on a 2 page spread, I even got a credit, helps when neighbours a photographer for them. Poor buggers were asleep and pics were taken on my loungeroom floor......guess that makes me a published herper (not)

meg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back