JAR-308 progress

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAR-308

Reaction score
Not actually reptile related as such, but it will be a demo car for John's Aussie Reptiles!

As many members may know I have been driving a VL walkinshaw look alike for several months. I recently sold the bodykit (because it was too low) and have returned the car to standard trim.Also sold the calais tail lights and walkinshaw wheels. I have purchased brand new executive tail lights, headlights and corner lights (corner lights are being painted 2pac candy yellow) and a set of 17x7.5 G-zero's in blitz silver with gold emblems (am yet to purchase tyres for these and am just using chasers at the moment). Also purchased all new panels and a calais front nosecone. New wipers and blades, full auto arial and a million and 1 tiny bits and pieces that create a new look to any car (including new nuts, bolts, washers, screws etc).

I have begun preparing the panels for paint and today I finally got to spray the final colour on the boot. Hothouse green (from the new SS commodores and Monaros) and I have to say this colour looks awsome straight from the gun, even without the clear, cutback, buff and polish it looks a million bucks.

I have series 2 calais grey velour trim less seats (soon will have aftermarket seats retrimmed in VN group A colours) and have momo "race" gearknob and sports steering wheel. (new guages and full stereo system are on the cards in the future).

I am talking with an airbrush company at the moment about a jungle theme with a few snakes, frogs and lizards painted along the sides, boot and bonnet.

Unfortunately the motor has minimal work (due to me selling the standard turbo set-up as I was going to build a 308 stroked to 355 with VN group A heads an twin throttle body injection). However I have decided to go with the turbo 6 so am now looking for replacement parts :p Current set-up is a mild RB30E with extractors and 2.5 exhuast, 5 speed.

I will have a website up soon with plenty of progress photo's taken between the time I purchased the car (with walkie kit) to the time completed (with new paint, interior, wheels, motor etc). As well as a list of costs and dyno figures. Will also update on a regular basis events the car is entered in such as shows/drags magazines etc. And a list of workshops that have sponsored or contributed/helped in the build up of JAR-308.

Future mods are plenty and will be listed on the site.
Will also have plenty of parts for sale that I have/will replace with new items.
STAY TUNED...

put all that money into your reps and you would have one hell of a collection... :) best of luck with it though wouldnt mind seeing the progress pics sometime. How are you setting up johns aussie reptiles is it going to be internet based

J.A.R will be internet based.
It is a work in progress though and I am taking my time with it due to expansion from its previous state.

well best of luck with it ... always good to have options available, once you are up and running i will definatly have a look i am always on the look out for additions to my herp family

John
You lost me there! I don't know a hell of alot about cars and what's in them, but you certainly sound like you do!

Will take a look at your site when it's finished, good luck with it all.

Neil

does anyone give you a bit about having 308 on your number plate? seeing it still the rb30? im not by the way.
hehehe

hey yeah nice pick up... maybe if your gonna run a turbo it should be JAR-PSI nothing like puonds per square inch for boost baby...turn it up

I havn't ordered the plates yet (doing so next week hopefully).
But I am expecting to cop some flack from the V8 brigade.

Can't help but be impressed by the head turning attraction it should pull when the crowd expect it to be yet another mild 308 with a quiet exhuast and low idle and they soon realise it is a RB30ET. It should JAR a few people once the boost starts screaming and the wastegate starts whistling :)

induction noise is the best type of noise... especially when it is forced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back