Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i got tricked into buying a intergrade and although she is a lot smaller than that, they r the same patterns as the one in grahamhs pic.

hmmmmmmm....my one is a little different to that wen i look at it properly. Mine has the "saddles" and more sort of stripes on her head.

This one was rescued from a backyard in Morisset (that's halfway between Gosford and Newcastle). Ive got quite a few pictures of her and she looks very gemlike to me -in the flesh I was convinced of it - I didn't think coastals got that far south - I thought they just about stopped north of Newcastle.

I would not call the diamond Graham is holding an intergrade Ackie.
Diamonds markings can vary a lot with locality.While not exactly the same as any of my diamonds, she is still pretty close.

Phil no appologies needed. I've got pictures of a diamond from a couple of weeks back that I rescued from about 10 k west of this one and the pattern is much more normal. I think the most noticable thing about the more recent one was the amount of rosettes - she looked fantastic in the sunlight.

Earthmother...maybe amethystine's aren't referred to as carpets because they simply don't fit on the carpeted lounge room floor. LOL.
Well, mine doesn't anyway.
In all honesty i don't know, but i am now interested in finding out.

Yeah it does look like an inetergrade. Just wait a week or so and I will have photo's of a truely big Diamond on my album.

The big Diamond I have has lost a lot of her colour as she is over 10 years old but the other Diamond I will also put on there has alot more colour as did the big one 3 years ago. Whatever she was above she would have been a real joy to catch and handle for even that short time you had her and had to send her back to fend for herself, she truley looks like a wonderful snake. :wink:

iluvs...if i had an amethystine id make it fit! change of colour schemes is easy. lol. all i know is that the head scales on the amethystine are different, worrell said it in an article years ago. id like to know why that means its not a spilota. ? anyone my answer and also tell me 'saddles are' the 'ride it like you stole it' signature sort of put me off the track...lol
MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back