Lost Coastal Carpet Python :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile_1989

Reaction score
hi everyone i woke up this morning and went to turn on reptile light and looked in to my pythons tank and discovered he was gone so i searched all day and havent suceded to find him but i have heard they some just turn up again down the track so i might just have to wait till he pops up again(if he ever does) i hope so :(

keep looking. is it a hatchling? check everywhere even if you think its too small for the python to get inside. stereo speakers are a favourite spot when my hatchlings escape

no he is nearly 1 metre and quite thike but ill try the stove and speckers thanks for the help.

My reptile room has a hole in the wall that goes outside right next to my pythons tank and if he got outside id never find him as im on over 400 acres so he'll have to grow wild if he survives as we have eagles ans they would probaly eat him i hope he didnt get outside if not he'll turn up when he is hungrey.

one of Beks friends had a diamond escape and she found it above the sliding door stretched along the sill... look up too. and at a metre and fat, itll fit into the tiniest spaces. hope you find it soon.
Mudmum

Perhaps leave some mice out tonight on the floor to see if he is still around, maybe you can lure him into some type of trap with mice as the bait?

I had a childrens escape and was missing for 3 months. She went out through the window under the house via those vents then 3 months later turned up at the other end of the house outside in my rodent room. She got into a mouse cage and ate 3 mice and couldn't get out. So try something like that,make sure there are a few mice though so he can't get out,make sure he can get in by bending bars a little to get his head in but not big enough for the mice to get out. Leave it outside or inside or change in one night out the next. Good luck.

thanks for all the advice on how to find him il buy some live ones so he can hear them as well im gonna make a box with tightly fitted mesh that he can get in no prob but once he has eaten he is to big to get out i hope this works.

try looking at night thats the best time, I am sure you will find him :)

Reptile_1989 said:
thanks for all the advice on how to find him il buy some live ones so he can hear them as well im gonna make a box with tightly fitted mesh that he can get in no prob but once he has eaten he is to big to get out i hope this works.

Sorry but he won't have much luck hearing them as snakes are deaf as long as he can smell them you wont have too much of a prob, at least with live they will have heat coming from them.

was surfing to see if someone had lost a coastal carpet,but alais the one found is 8ft and weighs 4kg and is a female.

good luck i hope you find yours.

Adam said:
Leave it outside or inside or change in one night out the next. Good luck.

It will be pretty hard to find a good spot to put it outside as i live on over 400 acres of bush.

sxereturn, you took the words right out of my mouth!!
lol!!

maybe create a heat sorce and a nice hide let him come to u? (and leave some food out for a lil bit not to long but)
just a thought have no idea but i would give it a go if i lost my lil fella

Depending on your floor type, some corn flour sprinked across doorways gives a good indication of movement about the house.
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back