Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jake0476

Reaction score
During the cooling season i thought to my i might put my brown phase female diamond with my yellow phase male diamond to see how my chances were of breeding this season...anyway i put them together and straight away they were in courtship ...i left them like that for about 3 weeks till he lost interest with her anyway about 6 weeks past and i though she isnt looking right so i took her to a vet ... she was rejecting feeds ect ect so i though i would check this problem out... anyway while we were there he checked her out and told me that she was gravid but reabsorbed the eggs due to something going wrong... dissapointed by this i didnt finish building my incubator.... anyway about 3 weeks had past and she wasnt eating and not putting on weight so i thought i would get this checked out again the next coming mon(this is a late fri afternoon thinking of this) anyway i got up on the saturday morning (valentines day)and she was basking under the heat lamp so i decided to clean her enclosure out and to my surprise she had a go at me (she is never like this ) and i thought to myself whats up your bottom as she is one of my best snakes any way while cleaning her enclosure out i got to the hide box and she was getting real crankyreally giving violent hissing at me at this stage and once i lfted the lid what do i see....... well there was 15 nice bright white eggs stareing right up ant me i was so happy to see them i screamed out WOOO HOOO... nayway she is taking feeds like she hasnt eaten in a year(maybe i should offer her a sedland as it seems to be the in thing latley) and she is starting to look good again and she is working to incubate the eggs herself and doing a wonderful job...... so thats my story will let you know how the end result turns out.....

keep me up to date with the outcome of that clutch jake, i may be very interested if you have a little lady diamond running around

cheers
Matt

What do you consider the cooling season? Thats amazing she laid so late.
Congrats on the eggs, good luck!

I guess ad the love was just in the air,being valentines and all.
Well done to her jake and youself of course.
I guess she just new it was that time of year so she gave you the best valentines present.
Good luck with the hatching and all the rest of it.

i dont usually do this but was caught unaware this season... we are haveing very warm days here latley so she doesnt have to do heaps of work except for when it gets cooler at night.. but she is doing well and accepting feeds and getting her shape back... im keeping a close eye on it believe me

well done on the diamonds, have you been able to breed your stimoni as l have had a few problems with them.

be the in thing latley) and she is starting to look good again and she is working to incubate the eggs herself and doing a wonderful job...... so thats my story will let you know how the end result turns out.....

Congrats Jake, would love to let one of my pythons incubate their own eggs (prob one of my olives considering I have to clean their enclosures with a vacuum cleaner *NOT*). Your pretty lucky that she is feeding while still incubating them, though the only thing I would do would be to give her a few years off as although it is hot, it still does take a lot out of them
cheers
meg

i never breed any of my reptiles two years in a row i usually give them a year or two break anywy ....but thanks for the advice.....

Jake0475 said:
i never breed any of my reptiles two years in a row i usually give them a year or two break anywy ....but thanks for the advice.....

cheers Jake (and if this is Rosemary's friend Jake she speaks very highly of you,hope you are feeling okay)
meg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back