Question RE: Froz food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry can't help cos I breed my own, thinking of culling the lot though and buying instead. Breeding rats and mice has bones in it
:( .

Yeah.
I breed all of mine too.
I just have quite a few people wanting to buy them off me now for their herps and i don't know what to charge :(

iluvsmyreptiles i thinkt the going rates at most places are
$1 per pinkie mouse $1.50 pinkie rat
$1.50 per fuzzy mouse $2.00 Fuzzy rat
$2 per weaner mouse $2.50 weaner rat
$3.00 per adult mouse $3.50 Adult rat

Thats well in the ball park anyway from what i remember

Take care
Matt

David and Cheryl Forbes are very cheap. I'm in Brisbane, and I get the food flown to me from Adelaide, and it still works out to be less than half the price of buying it from the pet shop.

To give you an example -

Pinkies - 45 cents each
Adult mice - 90 cents each
Velvet rats - 90 cents each
Large rats (250g) - $3.10 each
X/large rats - $3.80 each

You can call them on 0407 957 359 or email at [email protected]

Hell, they even sent them before I had paid!

buying from david and cheryl you have to buy a fair quantity to make it worth the money, you have to remember that it will also cost you postage plus a surcharge per kilo...

If you are buying a lot then yes this is the way to go by far cheaper then anyone else around, but if not the it looks like you are stuck with either local breeders or pet shops

Cheers
Matt

sxereturn, Well, we trusted you Jonno. And there is no GST, surcharge or whatever on our prices. You just have to prepay the freight hey? Cheers Cheryl

stockeh, Hi stockeh, we don't sell by the kilo, all our supplies come in packs of 10 for the smaller stuff, then mediums x 2, large x 1, and xlarge x 1(when available - very limited supplies at the moment, sorry)ratties that is. Cheers Cheryl

well i sell my mice for 50 a pinkie up to weaner then 75 cents to my mate that takes them to sydney and $1 an adult for anyone else but now im getting super mice the price will go up a bit

buying from david and cheryl is REALLY cost effective if you live in Adelaide - free delivery.
My last order arrived packed in a polystryrine box with each rat in its own sandwich bag.
Which reminds me I need to place another order.
I've also heard a rumour that they will be stocking shetland ponies shortly (just kidding) :)

the bloke in the live food prep at taronga told me supers were 90 bucks a mouse :shock:

but wen u consider litters of up to 15 are common and frequent its worth it

cheers, jono

Supermice? Are they as good as mightymouse?

Re: .

basketcase said:
the bloke in the live food prep at taronga told me supers were 90 bucks a mouse :shock:

but wen u consider litters of up to 15 are common and frequent its worth it

cheers, jono

haha did he also ask you to get him a tin of striped paint or maybe a left handed screw driver???? I have been breeding super/lab mice for years and have never paid more than $3.00 for them (also super rats) I sell em for $2.50 each for the mice. I wouldn't say that they have any more babies on average than normal mice and are usually not as hardy (depending what they were bred in the labs for)
cheers
meg

Yeah, and don't leave top of the cage open either - they can leap tall buildings at a single bound! :)

these r freom a university grow in half the time and have average about 16 cant tell where there from but

brendan_spencer said:
these r freom a university grow in half the time and have average about 16 cant tell where there from but

Good luck with them, just hope you don't find out all the hype is a bit overrated, and remember as they have come from a controlled environment you have to watch their surrounding temps.

Just as a little bit of research may be interesting for you to get a few normal mice, like I said over the years I haven't found too much difference, they both grow to the same size,(brindle and caramel coloured mice usually get the biggest out of all of them) have same amount of babies, though have found the occasional labbie with tumours so make sure you get in new blood over the next few months and every 3 months or so bump off your adults (after raising up some replacements) to ensure maximum babies.
meg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back