Mis Information

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bendragon

Reaction score
Well, It's not often that I post here let alone start a totaly new topic, and in the rare case I do either it's generally to point out the shortcommings of others :p
I will take exception to the lack of posting but not the pointing part
http://www.petcity.com.au/reptiles_b3_01.htm
This is a well established "we wanna sell reptiles" pet store here in sunny Brisvegas, read carefully and understand that this kind of information will be given to any and all who are looking for a pet snake

Scarey huh !

"frozen mice are recommended as the stable food for small captive bread pythons"

what nothing about thawing them, maybe when we initially freexe them we should put them on a stick so the snakes have something to hold on to..... hang on a sec Rodent pops TM i think i may be on to something...lol.

I thought it was a plug for the rep products alright.
12hrs of uv light????Of course with the zoomed bulbs.
Floggin off their viv's.(another rip off)(too expensive)
That is not good.
I hope someone at the shop is doing up care sheets that are a lot more usefull for ppl who will be buying from these shops and have never owned reptiles b4.
I can't wait to see their prices though.
Eg:parrots:Alexandria(a beautiful asian parrot)$550 in shop.
I can but these from the breeder for $250-$300.
And i can go on with these prices.
God damn rip off merchants.
Could this help private breeders though????

dumb money making petshop owner, doesnt even put any brain power into advertising, its a retic in the pic and who know what a black blotched pythons IS.....maybe a spotted/large blotched pyhton......do some research.....KIM... :evil:

Simon_Archibald said:
I just sent them an abusive emailing, adding that I would steer people clear of their advice. I probably should have shut my mouth, but there you go...

Simon Archibald

if I know KIM well simon, look forward to a real ear bashing...be careful she 's smart and nasty....give you a run for your money.. :lol:

Just one big advert, kinda sad, wonder how many newbies they have misled.

ha ha ha ..enjoy I have been there many years ago....its a trip....lol

Simon_Archibald said:
I just sent them an abusive emailing, adding that I would steer people clear of their advice. I probably should have shut my mouth, but there you go...

Simon Archibald

Simon you seem to be a person that is quick to slag off somebody else. I noticed you took a similar action earlier with Bob W.

I have and I dont mean to sound attacking.
I just think that you are quick to react and then regret what you say afterwards as was shown with the Bob comments. I agree with you that the information is misleading and not appropriate, but rather than send abusive mail I would have informed them that their information is incorrect and provide correct information. I would also suggest that they hire experienced herp help in the future if they intend to deal with reptiles and or products.

Sadly, when I went there to buy a snake hook (I know I know...but they had none anyhoo) I got talking to a woman there...man are the newbies in trouble, I also over heard a "salesperson" talking to a customer about it all and what to buy and stuff....

Mummy I'm scared

we went there a while back looking for some pinkie mice and they had none so one of their friendly experts told us that we could feed our little snake on things such as crickets and meal worms we went away shaking our heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back