TO COLD AT NIGHT

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with afrofishead on the heat tape from the Herp Shop.I use it in all my enclosures except my display cabinet.I just seal a piece of glass on top of the heat tape with silicon on a shelf about 2/3 up the back corner of my enclosures.Works a treat with all species and can be put on a section of the floor for non arboreal species.I like to use a shelf still for my blackheads and give em a bit of a perch to climb on for exercise as well.

Putting glass on top of the heat tape makes it a breeze to clean :)

Pic of bhp enclosures where you can see the shelf with the glass covered heat tape on a shelf.

LOL Bendragon. Herp shop is not just Great supplier, but our first sponsor here on APS. Must say that they do not have many complains about they services. I know Brian and he is genteman all the way.

Nice idea that Browns old boy! I was going to start covering with a ceramic tile but might try the glass idea as well now :) I think ceramic tiles may have better heat retention than glass? What do you use to control your tape ?

Hey afrofish,i use the probe t/sats from Herp Shop.I put the probe in through a chiseled slot in the back of the shelf under the heat tape.You can also put a small hole in the side of the enclosures and stick the probe on the glass with silicon.I only use one thermostat for up to 6 enclosures of the same size.Works really well and should last forever.

Tiles sounds like another good idea and would hold heat well.I know quite a few people who use infra red spots directed onto tiles on top of the hide boxes, but heat tape has been by far the best and most reliable heat source i've come across :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back