Lizard compatibility...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know anthing about lizards yet as I am only about to get my first 6 Blueys next week,but I've answered all the other psots tonight so I thought Id make it Adam all the way on the posts for when someone wakes up and says S@#T Adam was bored last night.By the way I put my first whole litter of pinky rats in the frezer tonight live as no one was offended by Slatey doin' it to an Adult rat( I can't Kill stuff,too soft sorry)so I WILL be trying frozen for my juvies but I don't have time to wean my adults this year as I want to breed them so I had to fatten 'em up,sorry to go off topic but I was bitten by a highly venomous bottle of Jim Beam earlier tonight!!!! :D :) :twisted: 8) :? :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:

Sorry to go off topic here.....but I bought a 6ft diamond off a guy that said she would only eat live rats. The first time I tried to feed her, she took two frozen rats.
Where did you get these Diamonds from Adam and what did they eat before? They obviously ate something to get that big.

Yes they must have eaten something containing Adam cause evrey time I get the male out he ALWAYS bites me but he won't even touch a dead or live rat or mouse so I am buggered if I know!!!! One thing I can garauntee is that I will not be getting anymore snakes off this person!!!2 have come from rescues as he is a WIRES member and has rescued many Diamonds and these were a result of a rescue. So I have many issues when it comes to difficult feeding ,which explains my view on feeding live prey, as I do deal with this on a regular basis.So yes they did eat something to get that big and it was whatever he bloody well wanted..ROFLOA :twisted:

I keep ALL the above mentioned animals{including shinglebacks and sawshells} in an enclosure much smaller than 65m and have no problem at all.Just feed off in several different spots and it sounds like your on your way to a fabulous enclosure,Great to see when it's finished.

OBEE.

they will be all fine together

Obee - I could get Shingles if I wanted but I think they would suffer here...I'm in Brisbane, way too humid for them.

Anyone keep Shingles in Brisbane? Is it really that bad for them?

A point to note, large water dragons will likely eat any eggs or young produced if not rescued quickly. I had a eastern bearded dragon lay a clutch in a large outdoor pit and a water dragon was soon muching on them. After i chased it away and filled in the hole for the remaining eggs, the water dragon was later back at the site trying to dig them up again! PS they were left to naturally incubate and to my knowledge nothing hatched.

sxereturn said:
Obee - I could get Shingles if I wanted but I think they would suffer here...I'm in Brisbane, way too humid for them.

Anyone keep Shingles in Brisbane? Is it really that bad for them?

shinglebacks have been recoerded in greenbank....I should know I recorded them along with frilled dragons, also in logan village, and were common about 50 odd years ago in Brisbane, its true that they can blister in the humidity so I would keep them indoors and they will do fine.

Marc I have a mate that lives in Greenbank, his house backs onto the Army Range. How common are the Frillies there? I've heard of them before.

I won't be keeping any lizards indoors, so I guess it rules them out.

you could bring the gravid females inside until they lay. I did this last month with my BT. But if its 65M you might have trouble finding them all.

oops i thought it was 65 meters by 65 meters my bad even though i didnt even post its not even big at all unless ur in the city with tiny backyards

that's big to me!!!
bigger than my whole backyard!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back