Jungle Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
First pic is of a 15 mth old black and yellow female jungle :D I really like her pattern 8)

Second pic is of a 15 mth old black and gold male jungle :D I like this one because he is different and has bright gold flecking all through the black 8)

Any and all comments welcome :)

Yep, definitely intend to breed these 2 when they are ready.Can't wait to see what they produce.

They are actually both Palmerstons from much the same bloodlines. Both were top dollar, the female being $600 and male $800 as hatchlings.With jungles you usually get what you pay for and i'm very happy with these 2....

I?m envious! I would dearly a Jungle! I?m hoping it will be the next snake I get, and with that, let the strife begin with the wife!? I can?t seem to convince her that snakes are pack animals and are unhappy to be by themselves (it was worth a try!!)

Browns, with that much yellow flecking in the black it would appear that somewhere in its past a Diamond was used in the breeding.

This was a common practice in the USA over 10 years ago, to enhance the yellow colouration, and the decendants of these look identical to your male. Still a lovely animal all the same.

Yeah bigguy, it does look like that but he is definitely true jungle.I have a couple of others from the same line which have no flecking at all.The mother of this one also has the gold flecking but i can assure you it is pure jungle.I've seen quite a lot of jungles with the gold/yellow flecking just not quite as much as this one.He's actually one of the cleaner jungles i've seen from P Krausses line and he doesn't breed jungles with diamonds!!!

I have a jungle diamond cross which is starting to show proper rosettes more than the flecking this male has.People also breed jungles with diamonds so they hold their colour as adults which i'm sure you know isn't the case with all jungles after around 3 years of age.

Browns,
Is the male a Krauss line? If so I've heard exactly what Biguy is saying that they were infact crossed with diamond.This isn't the first time I've heard this about this line.
What line is the female from?

Here we go again!!!

Rina, if you read the post you'll see i said it is a Krauss animal.

I have also heard of someone trying to discredit this line by speculating crud like this, just as was done in the thread about 50/50's.These things of course are something you've heard or can you actually back that up as a matter of fact?

Geez there's a lot of crap that goes on sometimes!!! In the last thread about the 50's you tried discrediting that line by saying it was crossbred also.I take it that you meant the albino Darwin (varieagata) being crossed with jungles to produce the animals you questioned at the time?If you had any idea about genetics at all you'd know that the albino gene is ALL or NOTHING.. ie the offspring produced down the track are either normal looking and a percentage of them carry the albino gene and a percentage are albino.I feel sorry for your lack of knowledge.

This male you are saying is a jungle diamond cross was actually bred by J Montgomery who's animals are Krauss line.I have purchased another Krauss jungle from someone stating it was from one of the best lines in the country and then i read the same person saying this line has diamond blood in it.Are you saying that the people who are breeding Krauss line jungles and have been for a while are selling them as true jungles for top dollar when they aren't true or pure jungle?????????

Krauss jungles are pure Palmerston form and don't get much bigger than 4 foot.I have seen a few Palmerston jungles which exhibit the same trait with the yellow or gold flecking in the black.

If i were you i'd get my facts right before accusing people of crossbreeding their animals!!!!!!This could also be taken as slander by the person who the line is named by and the many who do breed this line or similar lines!!!!

great snakes Browns..

I have a friend who is close with P.Krauss. This guy hates the idea of crossbreeding animals. This guy also has jungles from P.Krauss.

For me this is proof that the claims of crossbreeding are just not true.

I wonder how many of the people claiming these things actually know P.Krauss.

I was on an american forum when this was brought up about a month ago.
Maybe these claims are circulating like chinese whispers.

cheers

Luke

it is amazing,
the cover of Barkers book is called a jungle by every body and not many people doubt it but some where in the history it was crossed with a diammond,

like you i currently have 3 Krauss jungles,sent to me buy him,
It sound like a few people should go through a few more books to see the variation on jungles is huge,

I would consider anyone mating an athertons to a palmerston a cross breed an would never do it, yet i hear people say but there both jungles, go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back