New aquisition

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greebo

Snakologist
Reaction score
As some of you will be aware, I have been trying to find an adult pair of BHP's for a while. All I have been able to find are males. Nobody has any females for sale. (Before anyone says did you try so & so, the answer is more than likely yes as I have made many phone calls and emails).
So I bought another jaguar instead. It was an absolute bargain even if I did have to go to Sydney to pick it up.It has beautiful colouration, no scars and she is really easy to handle.
I now have a trio so I am hoping to breed them later this year.

Greebo,
Wow, I do feel sorry for you. You poor bugger, Did you loose a bet?
You would need 3 to be able to have 1 as a going concern. lol

and gee, a choice between adult bhps, hmmm
i would have to consider that one.
But....
If you do breed any little R5's of baby E-Types - put me on the list!
Cheers
ad.

Have you probed it yet and are you going to cool it soon?

I will have to get a professional to probe it, I might do some damage. as for cooling, I have found that they are actually more active during the winter.
I have to say that my mechanic is now planning his next vacation.

here' theory why you can't find any females:
The tuatara reptile in some offshore islands of New Zealand have been proposed to be extinct soon due to the effects of global warming, cauing the eggs to hatch as males

Interesting theory Saikrett but surely with captive bred animals it need not apply as the breeder would have control the incubation temps?
Although I have heard evidence of that happening in some wild reptile populations. Global warmings a b!tch hey!

Don't by into the gobal warming thing it's crap, temps have been changing for millions of years.
Animals have to die out eventually.
It's evolution.

If the tempreture sex determinisation occurs in wild BHPs then you would see the sex ratio of the southern population different than the northern. This has proberly never been studied.
In regards to global warming, some animals will adapt by moving into areas previously inhospitable to them. This has been documented in trees of england. Unfortunatly many animals who live in montane or island habitats, like the tuatara, don't have this option.

Also you cant forget that the earth doesn't just spin it is oscillating as well. The cycle for the oscillation i have forgotten but that is why currently the sun doesn't rise in the east, and some areas are getting warmer and others cooler. Saw it on SBS one day.

i saw that story too saikrett.

its not that temps are changing its that theyre changing too fast for the reptiles to adapt... ie mass extinction of reptiles due to too many males. coz tuatara eggs r so temp sensitive it only takes a degree increase to make clutches all male

ANY PICS GREEBO ?

cheers, jono

What's with the missing leaping Jag ? Old man's last Jag was an 85 (i think) Series 3 Sov too
saphire blue mmm nice colour. Much better than his Ascott Faun (grey-brown) Series 1

I sold my FJ ute this week and it looks like the HQ ute is also sold.
I am down to four cars now.
At least I will be picking up that pair of Olives in the near future.
Woo Hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back