Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
virgin snake handlers?

It,s all in her mind she had all ready convinced herself that something was going to happen and it did, once she gets over her fear no more rashes , any way thats what I reckon.

Escaping ?
my first ever snake escaped three times. the first time we found her under the leg on the table. the second time we found her on the pelmets above the door. and the third time she was found in a box underneith her enclosure... u would think i would have fixed the enclosure after the first time ay...

What species ?
Housing heating ?
Feeding ?
Escaping ?
What your friends thought when they first saw it ?

I have only had my baby since Monday!!!!! :D I bought a whole kit (cage/tank, substrate, bowl, hide, heat mat, etc) from the new local reptile store............... won't do that again!!!!!!!!! Coastal Carpet, only 9mths old, and placid (Thank Krell!!!) I have only had problems with the heating............. thanks to everyone here for the help, soon to be fixed!!!!!!!! He's approx 80cm long (is this about right for the age?) and i'm yet to be bitten, so I'm a tad nervous!!! (UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!!!!!!) He eats Really Well, and once out of the cage, loves to try and wander away!!!!!

Question,
When do I know to upgrade his food? He's having two weanie mice a week now, but for the past day, he has been hanging in ambush mode. I asked the guys at the store, but they didn't really answer.

In regards to friends......... as soon as he was in his cage, I had to go out and buy a lock, as my flatmates and friends decided to get him out and handle him!! Not Happy Jan!!!! :evil:
They now want their own, and I'm all for it!

Weanie mice for an 80cm carpet? That's like feeding an adult human tic-tacs. Get him on full size adult mice.

You could probably give him 2 adult mice actually, just make sure he has a nice basking spot around 32-34* and a cool end lower than 26. Plenty of water, too.

Yeah, that was my other problem. the guys at the reptile shop said that he didn't need a basking spot, cause coastals don't really like it. Just a heat mat. (with a crappy theomstat) I thought it was strange at the time, but I figured smarter heads rule, but looking at my baby, and checking the temp consistantly, he Definately needs it!!!!! Poor baby............ :cry: So, first thing Saturday, back to give the credit card a heavy workout!!!!!!

Re: virgin snake handlers?

ajler said:
It,s all in her mind she had all ready convinced herself that something was going to happen and it did, once she gets over her fear no more rashes , any way thats what I reckon.

lol shes a huge animal lover like me so shes not afraid!

All you need is a 40 watt blue light globe, a 2 metre extension cord and a light fitting. $10 at most.

All people I know regard me suspicously any time I am carrying a bag as if i may have a stray in there. Had one of two escapees in the car(which have always been recovered) which solves people who know us wanting a lift.
I think the best is the friend who went to my freezer to get out some ice and two frozen guinea pigs thudded to the ground at their feet. :lol: People ask before they enter my house, get in the car, get anything from any of my belongings or access the fridge. The upside of snake ownership. :twisted:

hmmmm...the master of escaping would hav to be my ackie. He has escaped twice and both times i hav discovered him very quickly and both times he has been asleep in the back of my wardrobe.
I used to hav a small eyed snake without mum knowing. 1 day i was showing mum a picture of an eastern brown snake when she said "r u sure its not an eastern small eyed snake?".
i knew she had found out so i naturally accused my sister until mum confessed that my friends mum had told my mum about them at a parent/teacher night.

dobermanmick said:
What species ?
Housing heating ?
Feeding ?
Escaping ?
What your friends thought when they first saw it ?

Water python yearlings, still got them
Housing is a large self made enclosure, 2 1.8 x .6 x .6 enclosure
Heating is via a themostaticly controlled ceramic heater
Started on mice, but then it was small rats, now medium rats. They grow quickly once on rats.
Never escaped.
Friends - Its the girls who are fascinated by my python, I think most males are intimidated by its size :)

mine has refused food this week, is he going to sleep for winter? i still have summer tempreture in his tank.

Friends - Its the girls who are fascinated by my python, I think most males are intimidated by its size :)
wha?! when did this happen :p

Got my Python last week
Murray Darling
In a click clack inside a larger enclosure with a thermostat and heating
First feed by Me on monday night a Fuzzy Rat "Awsome "
No problems yet
Some love it and want one but majority say you can keep that and another snake hating favourite
The only good snake is a dead one "
also their not faster then a bullet
And they all ask after they get told its a python "Is it venomous "
Well i love him and i dont care what they say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back