Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most ppl here in Brisvegas wont pay more than $100 for a coastal, there's just too many of them up here for breeders to keep the prices up that high.
$70 is good tho, send me the PM too :)

I have been offered a couple of coastals for nix recently. $70 doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them at all.

I have been offered a couple of coastals for nix recently. $70 doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them at all

Magpie thats a better price can you still get onto them ?
No i was unsure and thought i might as well ask and get peoples reactions
I am not as unsure about them now
I have sent the pm to agamidae and i will send it off to others once i have spoken to the breeder and gotten my snake also will have to see if he has any left
Thanks Guys

Which one did you have that died? Anyways as for people chraging over $150, I just paid more then that for one via a trade with a guy and it was worth it. She is almost bright orange so it comes down to what yoou want and how much you like the colouration.

Thats true i would like to have one nice coloured snake with good markings rather then a cheap snake with poor colouration
I will have wait to see if they are what i want

The one that died was a while back, before I had a heap of snakes.

I should have said "regular" coastal...

Hi, just read this thread with interest. Is it illegal to sell wild caught snakes. Of coarce it is. Is it rare these days. No way, its still very common. So many herpers still go on large collecting trips, launder paperwork and then sell them to unsuspecting people. Trips to Northern Queenland, NT and specially Western Australia happen all the time for this reason. This is why WA Blackheaded Pythons are now becoming so common in NSW.

Another common practice is that some people living in areas with abundent python numbers, and do relocations, hang onto obviously gravid females, hatch the eggs, and then sell them as their own breedings.

I knew one person who did this on the Central Coast, housing the gravid Diamonds in an outside avairy, and hatching nearly 300 young in just one year.

I also know of another person from Northern NSW who year after year conducted this practice and would sell whole clutches at a wholesale rate without paper work to people in Sydney. The new owners just claimed them as their own breeding and doubled their money when they were sold.

I have heard this is common practice still in Northern NSW and Brisbane. How can you tell who's doing it. You can't really. However, very cheap prices, or massive amounts of hatchlings(specially local species found near the seller) could be a sign.

Agamidae, yes its still common practice for herpers to collect gravid Storrs Monitors or heaps of hatchlings at certain times of the year from under the old rail sleepers at Mt Surprise.

They have actually flooded the market with these cheap illegally caught animals, and now its just not worth the effort for legitimate breeders to even hatch these lovely lizards.

I think it sucks It gives us guys a bad rap.....making our laws harder and harder...wouldnt you think

Its a shame that this happens it must affect the enviroment and the food chain when this happens
Has it ever been legal to take from the wild or can you get a permit to do it ?
Or are people just greedy?!

I sold a pair of snakes to this guy on the sunshine coast. I delivered them to his house. When I got there he had at least a dozen big adult coastals.

He had a number of them in a joining unit just cruzing around freely. These were obviously wild caught. This guy was selling babies to an online dealer.

This is the sort of crap people need to be aware of.

Cheers

JunglePython.

dobermanmick said:
Its a shame that this happens it must affect the enviroment and the food chain when this happens
Has it ever been legal to take from the wild or can you get a permit to do it ?
Or are people just greedy?!
You can get a scientific licence in nsw that allows collection of wild specimens for captive study, but you are not allowed to sell these animals, I am not sure about any offspring produced though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back