Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also feed out of enclosure, for the reasons mentioned by Sxe and Nicole etc, also having snakes (Diamonds) together, it would not be a good id?e.
Have found that out the hard way, being lazy one day.

My kichen scales are ok for me until any of the slithery kids are over 5kilos, but I guess I'll be looking for an upgrade after that. If anyone has some good scales to recommend, I'd be interested in hearing about them too... sorry I can't help Doberman.

I feed all my guys in their enclosures. The only one who I have a problem with is my beloved Snap!. It's almost imposible to get the food in the enclosure before she hits it but she's a darling outside. Oh come to think of it one of Craigs babies did bite me 17 times during one handling but hey I guess sometimes water python babies are a bit defensive. The olive switch into top gear when they know that food's about and they are fantastic snakes out of their enclosures.

G

In the cage, always in the cage.
My guys get fiesty when they can smell thw food defrosting as I feed a very irregular schedule.

Hi Bren

yeah - you know I actually wear gloves when handling Molly in an attempt to stop flinching with each tag. My theory is that if I don't jump she'll settle down. It's just a matter of time.

G

I just except my snakes for what they are, i only have 2 snakes that i consider to be snappy, both darwins but i like it i think it gives them character. I don't really care about how snappy snakes are, they're all good. I feed all mine inside their cages.

Craig I wouldn't swap her for anything -she's a complete nutter. I look forward to learning a lot from her. BTW I followed your suggestion with that space next to the Diamond enclosures and built an arboreal one to match - this will be Snap's new home.

G

Way to go... was just a joke really.
Funny, of both clutches 2 turned out to be nutters and you got one of them.

i personally feed my snakes(23), in their cages, i feel it stresses the animal into not eating, especially the ones that rely (in my opionion) on motion to catch their prey, like my water pythons, macklott pythons, olive pythons, white lipped python and my indian python, i use aspen bedding and have not had any problems with it as far as impaction or any other problems, also with the amount of snakes as well as the limited amount of space i am working with i feel it is safer for both the snake and myself, but i could be wrong, lol

I used to feed out of the enclosure, now that I have over 10 snakes tho I find it a bit time wasting to be feeding out of the cage..dunno how u do it sxereturn!! I just put the mouse on a paper towel so the yummy juices dont go into my substrate(BC). I feed my Boiga out of their cgaes tho, as they will only take live and I have all 3 in one enclosure... I will continue feed my other snakes in their enclosures until I see any potential health risks
CHeers

not tryin to tease anyone, i also feel that if you are having a problem with nippy snakes when not feeding you are not working with them as well as you could, i have owned snake that have feed 2-5 times a week, and reached in with out hooks or indicating it is not feeding time with no strikes or bites incurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back