Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I should have said this, she was hatched in January and is about 50cms. Her colors are completely different to my male (will put him up soon) I was actually worried that she might be a cross? And they are my new and first snakes.

I know, I think they are beautiful, the male totally stuffed himself yesterday on 2 fuzzy mice and is out of commission for a few days, that is why I can't get the photo yet. :) Hopefully the female will eat today, I am going to buy her a pink rat in about 10 minutes.

Happy days for you tomorrow then. :)

it's a carpet thats for sure but not a pure coastal
i could be wrong
congrats anyway!!!! :D

Do you think it could be crossed with a Diamond or something? She looks similar to some young diamonds I have seen on this board. I am not going to be happy if she is definately not a pure coastal, I want pure coastals not crossed stuff.

Well here is a comparison, my female on the top and a diamond python from the photo gallery (vat69) on the bottom. Can anyone else see the great deal of similarity between these two snakes, as a note my photo is extra dark, her colors are much lighter, I will get a better picture of her in better light later when I try and feed her.

I contacted Tim from URS and he says that he is sure she is a pure coastal and I am inclined to think he would know what he is talking about but this picutre is also very convincing to me.

mate juvenile diamonds look very similar to juvenile carpets, its not until they get older do they begin to 'look like diamonds'

Well I got two and they are both very different, I am sure that this is not uncommon but they seem widely different considering there is a good chance they are from the same parents, I cannot get a photo of the male yet as he is still busy digesting his food but once he is done I will get a picture of him up here.

Here are a couple of better pictures showing her color better.

looks like a coastal to me but i have had little to do with coastals, but very nice looking there mate congrats on a beautiful snake.

If you bought the snake from Tim Mensforth there is little to no chance that it is a hybrid. I would not worry at all.

I was inclined to believe Tim from the start, what I thought could have happended was that he sent me a diamond python by mistake. I mean if he did, I just saved myself a bit cash on the price of a diamond, however if it turns out to be one I do not have the setup to properly care for it, I don't want it to die from improper care.

Any ideas on how to find out for sure if it is one? Or are you all convinced that it is really a Coastal.

im convinced personally that its a coastal but i have been wrong before and will be again but i think its a coastal. how are they going mate all well?

Woah, Greebo you're a really emotional person aren't you. You must be one of those people that has forgotten what it is like to be a newbie! My ears are still ringing from the shouting!! :)

Anyway I have decided to just believe it is a coastal, if by any chance it grows into something else I'll just have to live with it and get another coastal for breeding.

Thanks for your input guys.

Go greebo standin up for the newbs :D

And if u want my uneducated and worthless oppinion i say its a german shepherd but im only 70% sure, so dont take my word for it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back