Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i taped it ricko but i havent checked the tape yet to see if it worked! you're welcome to borrow it if it did!

I felt the show was not good, and I have left a feedback at Burkes website stating that. See attached if I can paste it. I hope others would leave a negative feedback also.

Feedback/Comments: On a show roadtesting Pythons as pets, what a waste of viewers time showing exotic snakes that can not be kept by the public, at the Australian Reptile Park.

Dangerous rattlesnakes and the boys hiding up ladders only further shows people to fear these animals, not to respect them.

If you were doing a road test on Spaniels, would you first show a Pitbull attacking someone. I think not. So why do it to snakes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ye, the Hypo bredls are turning out nice. Hopefully next year I can breed them.
Do you mean this breeding season or next years breeding season?
Either way, put me down for a couple for sure.

Yeah, you scrubbed up ok, Bob. Pity about the edits, but it's to be expected, unless they are doing a special on snakes.

I thought you handled yourself pretty well..

yeah i left some feedback as well, i think that really was a waste of time, it made bob look bad...

Feedback/Comments: Snakes as pets..... im sorry but all you did was scare people, you dont show vens to people, scaring them, and then say hey but heres a nice snake....... man that show sucked, you also tainted bobs name by having him take part in that farce.

Next time you are going to do a show on snakes, how about talking to a few keepers/breeders about the content before you give us a bad name.

bad rap for the rattler i thought. whos to say how much it was annoyed "for the camera" before it went to air. Bad Bad idea to have a striking venomous(and not Australian) snake shown as the lead up to a segment on keeping harmless aussiepythons as pets. this certainly did no good for herpkeeping in general. How many luckless young people missed out on their first snake because their parents watched that idiot burke, ooh and ahh at a venomous American snake. Never watching Don Burke again. Even Dr harry has more sense! p.s. no bad reflection on you bigguy, did your best buddy!

Yeah, I left negative feedback too.

"From a herpers' perspective, I found the show interesting. However, I thought it certainly didn't fit the category of Snakes as Pets!!!!

Your show really presented snakes in a negative light.

I mean, really! Firstly, showing a rattlesnake and then a boa, which no Australian can legally keep! I can see all the newbies going to a pet store to buy a boa constrictor - not!

There are any number of enthusiastic snake keepers out there who could give you a better overview of what it is like to keep a snake as a pet. Why not talk to the ordinary snake keeper, rather than a breeder or a zoo? That would be much more realistic, if you're talking about snakes as pets. Not to put down the Reptile Park or Bob Withey, who both do a huge amount of work in promoting Australian native snakes. I thought your program undid a lot of the good that these people do.

I suggest that you research the subject next time. Go online and check out some of the herp websites to get a better picture of what snake keeping is all about!

I am a member of Aussie Pythons and Snakes (www.aussiepythons.com) and your show copped a bit of a hiding in the forums, I'm afraid!

I (and, I suspect, the herp community as a whole) would really appreciate it if you could put the record straight, and reverse the damage done in the eyes of the general community."

Over all Bob. Program did promoted reptiles and people who know nothing about the snakes would have no Idea about exotics not to be able to be kept here.
For complete amature they all was just snakes.
I understand that you and most of us expected something better from the program. But show is Burkes backyard and he is going strictly for ratings and I do not think that he is worying about small herp oriented community.
Lot of people after watching that will be thinking about geting to our hobby. Not bad promotion to reptiles over all.

I enjoyed it for what it was, I'm glad I wasn't a newbie to reptiles - I would've been concerned about the safety issue after the way they showed the rattler. I think that was a sad representation of "Snakes as Pets".

I don't think they needed to include snakes we can't keep.
It's true Inny, my son is not getting that Rattlesnake he's always wanted, nor the Taipan come to think of it - and it's all Dons fault! Blinkin Don! :roll: :lol:

I think EVERY show that is referring to Herpetology should mention the irrational fear most people have of snakes and why they should overcome it. And the compression bandage (maybe not in the same sentence :lol: )
And, I think it should have been part of the narration at least to mention Permits. It was momentarily on the screen. Blind people missed that.
Bob, I appreciated what input we saw from you, you handled the snakes with care, while showing that their wasn't anything to fear.You answered clearly and I'm sorry we didn't get to see all of it.

Em :)

i watched the show, great looking snakes bob.

i saw burke with the burm and i didnt even hear him mention that it was illegal to keep them.

I was looking forward to the segment but in my view showing the Burmese and then saying something about starting out with something a bit smaller definately didn't give any indication that they were exotics and therefore not a viable pet. I thought the WD Rattler segment looked very unprofessional. In fact the only interesting bit was with Bob and that was too short.

G

It's true Inny, my son is not getting that Rattlesnake he's always wanted, nor the Taipan come to think of it - and it's all Dons fault! Blinkin Don!

Your off the hook Greebo! :D

I still think that Greebo have something to do with all this editing.

".......A cut or a few, and a snip or two, An edit round the side,
Most of the show on the (cutting room) floor,
'cause its BURKES back-yard!" :D

yeah i just saw it then, nice animals bob and a nice looking set up. i really liked that little snappy jungle you were holding. and loved the bit of the stimmy/bredli.

I only watched it today and I thought it was not so bad. I was expecting it to be a lot worse after most people rubbishing it on the forum.
The bit with the Rattler was just there for entertainment value. It was not really in the context of Snakes as Pets.At least they showed a snake that was not Australian.If they had of shown something like a Taipan it would only have given them an even worse reputation.
There is a lot of information to cram into 4 or 5 minutes but I think they covered the basics.They managed to convey that the hobby is not for everyone and you should not just rush out and buy a snake.
It was only an overview of the hobby, not an indepth special but anything that promotes herping as a hobby is a good thing in my eyes.

i want a black and yellow jungle off bob they were nice and psycho as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back