olive pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all what Grahamh written about them. I have 2 olives and they are easy to look after. I do have them from Bigguy 3 years ago.
You can PM him to enquiry. He do have clatches every year.

yeah thanks ella,i checked them out but at 650$ its a bit to much.thanks

I have brought a number of animals from gully and are very happy with them.
Anyhow what is the going price for baby olives? I haven't seen a seller ad for them for yonks.
I know about the ad for a big pair on herp trader, so don't bother pointing that out thanks.

I normally breed them every year. I had 2 clutches this season, as well as Spiltmore on this sight. Mine are normally gone within 6 to 8 weeks of hatching. I can be contacted at the end of November if anyone is after them.

As for pets, even for a first snake, these are great. Very hardy and normally very gentle. Please be aware however, they are going to grow very big and eat you out of house and home. As a beginner you gain experience as they grow.

But as Peter said, NEVER handle them with the smell of rodents on your hands. The pain is beyond description when a 20kg Olive is convinced your hand is a rat as he tries to kill it :shock:

Moman

I personaly never keep more than one Python in a cage. I may keep Diamonds in colonies housed in outside avaries, but thats it.

The risk of an accident is just not worth it. With Olives, these can be canabolistic at times, so I would never house 2 together unless it is breeding season.

Just as a matter of interest that picture of Roy and Pris as hatchies was taken when I first got them. They lived the same enclosure for a few weeks while I was constructing their new homes. Now I had a lot of trouble getting these two to feed and I suspect that this was not helped by the fact that they were together. The first time they ate was when they were separated and even then it was another two months after they were separated.

a mate has a massive pair, great snakes. theres just something so elegant about a big olive

i have a pair that are about 7-8ft long and i have them housed together at the moment as im building enclosures, and then they will be seperated, i will only keep snakes together until i have a big enough set up to house 14 snakes individually and i hope i can start on this big set up as soon as my money comes through for a house. and yes big olives are very appealing and awesome.

My friend is keeping them togethe with no problem. I do have them separated. Some of you remember the post from me abour year ago when my female get the mail by the neck and I had hard time to separate them.

that sounds like fun (not). how big are they slaty?

hey fuscus do you keep olives? Also do you keep your water pythons together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back