Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, quarry where we used to rock climb, there was raptors of some description nesting on one of the cliff faces, was quite cool to see them go nuts if someone climbed too near.

Locking talons is both a courtship and a fight behavior. Generally if it is a fight then it is normally a pair against an intruder.
There used to be a huge WBSE nest in the middle of Noosa. Last time I was there I didn't see it and I think the tree was gone :(

this isn't as spectacular as the rest of the stories

Vet nursing camp we found a python that had eaton a kangaroo, unfortunatly the python was dead but it was still cool to see first hand

on saturday i was at whale beach trying to find some nice drift wood (with no avail) around the rocks and instead i found 2 adult EWD's basking in the sun and 4 hatchlings about the size of my hatchlings and it was so cool, they just hung around but then i had to moove on
oh and a couple of rat and bird carcusas but thats not as cool

i get in my little court yard owlsand some freaky insects a tone of possums and cats for which i get the super soaker out and make them run for the hills!

Lol Byrony, you dont need a soaker, you need an olive! :twisted:

When i go fishing around the Whitsunday Islands i will catch an undersized fish,hold it up in the air and whistle real loud to the local sea eagle(osprey) which there are usually only one pair to an island.They circle a bit and wait for you to toss the fish and come swooping down to snatch it up within 10 feet of the boat.

I also live on 5 acres and have a large pond with wildlife galore.I often see kookaburras picking up snakes and they take off with the neighbours guinea fowl chicks that run loose on my property. Caught a tiny 6 inch juvenile brown tree snake in the pond 2 days ago.I am fencing the pond and looking at putting some tortises in.

well, i live on a 400 acre working farm, and we have a nest of wedge tails in our forest, and once i was walking in the paddock and a wedgie flu over and grabed a new born lamb and flew of with is, very amazing to see it pick up somethin so big.

i was riding my bike yesterday to chech out a dead snake on the road. i saw a little dove walking in the gutter looking for seed. it walked infront of a water outlet and a goannas head shot out and grabbed it

saw a goshawk ( I think ) with a gippsland water dragon once. The dragon didn't look happy.

We had a wedgetail in care (probably the one Magpie mentioned) that was having it's food pinched out of its enclosure by big lace monitor.
Dumb goanna or scared wedgie? Who knows, but if things went sour the fight over that rabbit would be a ripper.

Hey you lot have heaps going on - maybe we should put together a book - 'The Observations, Trials and tribulations of a bunch or reptile nuts'. Anyway I've enjoyed reading this thread, everyone gets to see and tell.

G

graham that sounds like an amazing thing to see.the strangest think i ever saw was late one afternoon near a place called einasleigh.i climbed to the top of a rocky outcrop.just like someone stacked bolders on top of each other,no soil and one tree growing out of the western side out of what appeared to be solid rock.you could look down amongst the cracks in the rocks and i could see rock wallaby's jumping underneath me from one side of the hill straight through the middle to the otherside.when i reached the top the wind was blowing from the west so i wasn't detected.one horizontal branch had a wedgetail sitting on it on the same branch within meters of me was a wallaby who was even closer to the eagle.both animals had closed eyes.i moved a little further around and to my amazment their were 2 more wallabys further out on the same branch less than a meter from the eagle huddled together sleeping.the next morning i witnesed just on daybreak the wedgetail pair swooping a rockwallaby going for his coit to make the outcrop.the larger of the 2 birds got him just meters from the rocks.
one of the most amazing things i had seen.

obee

Id love to see stuff like that on video Obee, sounds awesome!

Obee how cool is that. I just wish I could always have a camera handy. It just shgows you how much work must go in to some of the cool doccos that we get to see.

hey everyone, id be glad to get you all some really cool pictures of the wedgies around my property, i can get them easy because they have a nest in the forest on my land. and they are out every day.

Yeah well that's nuthin'. I live 5 minutes from Cabramatta and I see Junkies circling little old ladies with handbags all the time. They swoop in, grab the handbag and are off within seconds.

Greg.

Back in france in the village my family come from, the children werent allowed to play on the land unless they had a bigger kid with them cause the eagles there would swoop and even take some of the smaller kids. Freaky to know that they can just grab a child and fly away still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back