reptiles magazine

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what is going on with the reptiles australia magazine?
has anyone recieved issue 4 (mar/apr.) or has the magazine gone out of print altogether? i know they had delays with printing the jan/feb issue but i haven't heard boo from them since then!

i know i was wandering the same thing. would be good if anyone knows whats going on???

dam $45 for 3 issues, alwell hopefully they will finish it and maybe get some more issues out.

dam $45 for 3 issues

Just what I was thinking, they have probably fled the country with all our subscription money! Surely its not that difficult to make a magazine?

i have also sent numerous emails with no reply i too am starting to wonder what is going on not a real good start is it, they have the readers to keep the magazine going but will soon lose the customers if they keep everyone hanging like this all the time and cant meet deadlines, im not saying i could do a better job as i bet there is alot involved but im sure if they were professionals im sure they could do a better job....im very dissappointed as i bet there is alot of other people aswell.

I was going to subscribe in issue 4 as I thought it might be a good idea to wait till it became sort of established. Glad I didn't. Although very dissapointing what is going on. Think it is agreat mag. with a great future. But will die a swift death if they don't get their act together. :twisted:

reptile magazine

i just got an email today from the editor to tell me there had been another delay with the magazine, but that it was sorted now and they had been posted.
he said i should have issue 4 in the next couple of days!
fingers crossed this time round, i really hope they can get everything sorted out because it is good to finally have an aussie magazine about aussie reptiles!

only a matter of time b4 it goes belly up
Surely its not that difficult to make a magazine?
Two fantastic, well thought out statements there guys!
Can I ask Basketcase, what your basing that opinion on?Pretty low statement to make toward someone who has invested alot of time and money in getting this magazine off the ground.
And Springherp, if it's not that difficult why not approach the editors and offer your services you obviously feel you can do a much better job

You're right Splitmore, it was an unfair statement to make as I have no experience in creating magazines and it is probably alot harder than it looks. So far I have been happy with the content of the first three issues... no chance could I do a better job! I wish the editor would let the public know why it is late though.
Cheers.

I know a guy who started a magazine (2020 - a bmx magazine). Yes, it was hard work, but he did it properly, never been a late issue, always full of fantastic content. If you're going to do something, do it properly. Mistakes don't happen in that sort of business - they are created.

Harsh, yes. If I was a subscriber I would be REALLY unhappy...

i haven subcribed yet but want to can you let me know if/when its up and running

how would i go about becoming a subscriber? how much is it and all the other information please. is it worth getting?

:p Ok boys n girls i have an update for you,issue 4 is out now it has a picture of a childrens python on the cover(quite possable varanus's),we have a couple in the pet shop left so anyone interested either reply in here or pm me. :p

cheers popp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back