Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have no choice but to feed live i have tryed everything to feed dead to my pythons making the dead ones bleed and wiggling it and even trying to make them aggersive to strike at it even tryed stunded where the mouse is still moving a bit they still didn't take it my spotted python will just wait for it to run around and then she will snag it my diamond python would just move to the other hide

Luke,

Firstly, this happened in the USA, the laws are different over there.

Secondly, he broke the law, was charged, convicted and sentenced. His lawyer is arguing that the law is too vague and needs to be changed. That doesn't change the fact that he broke the law.

And if someone grins at you, and there's a law that prohibits that kind of behaviour, then you can legally take him to court over it. (Although I would recommend you get a life instead.)

In the mid-eighties - in Perth I think - a guy was shopping in a supermarket. A female customer in front of him dropped something on the floor and bent down to pick it up. As she did, the front of her loose-fitting top gave him a view of her chest and like any normal male, he had a good look and smiled. The woman didn't notice. But a cop behind the man did, and he charged the man with some valid, but little-known law prohibiting that behaviour.

The woman was not offended when she found out what happened - in fact, she said if she had been a guy she would have done exactly the same thing. She didn't care that the guy had seen her chest.

But the cop charged the guy anyway and it went to court. Everyone thought it was a joke, until the guy lost. He also lost his house in the battle.

Sorry about the long post, but I thought it might shed some light onto the workings of the law, and provide an interesting - although off-topic - story.

<place obligatory smiley here> :D [Edited by admin : the smily is not obligatory - but it's useful if your post can be misinterpreted as either friendly advice or as having a go at someone - the smily makes your intentions obviously friendly]

Hix

your so funny hick........
sorry i must have been too busy geting a life to notice that the story was from over sea's
still the law is mess in any terms
personaly i dont care what gets feed to what or how but thats the fredom of choice and expression i guess

i know that over in miami there are laws saying you can sacrifice certain animals im not sure of the full list but i know it includes goats and chickens and in sum oh these sacrifices the animals may be deeply cut and left to bleed to death so wat im trying to say is if it is wrong to kill a kitten to feed another animal but its not wrong to slice a goat open and let it bleed than thats just firetrucked up big time

problem with that is that a stray can be someones lost pet...not necessarily a homeless animal. you have to give owners at least a week to find it. imagine your pet bird somehow gets out and you find out that the SAME DAY the pound caught it and euthanased it :?

imagine your pet bird somehow gets out and you find out that the SAME DAY the pound caught it and euthanased it

Yeah well, make them secure and they won't get out. Same with cats and dogs, there is no need for them to escape at all.

right on magy

- aint got no one als to blame xcept ya self
+ well at least you would learn to amend your bird cage :idea:
mmmmmm fresh budgie strait from a cage :wink:

we had a window cleaner come to our house when i was little and walked out leaving both the front door and gate open. the dog ran straight out and got hit by a truck. its not always the owners fault! :wink:

the dog survived mind you but thats not the point lol :)

or they can dig out while you're at work during the day...sometimes its not so easily preventable :?

mind you i'm mostly on your side - for eg: there is really no reason for a cage door being left open etc. but its not always so black and white! :)

Frozen-Thawed...

I disagree with feeding any PET live food. And before you say "but in the wild", your PET is captive.

Noskcajam if you have a fussy eatter and it won't take deads or frozen thawed then want if you don't like feeding live if its nessery then your python is good as dead what i am saying is most pythons are fussy eatters most won't take dead or frozen thawed and my pythons are a good example in this i have made my python go 3 weeks without food once and she still wouldn't take dead and my diamond python she won't even look at it let alone eat it

Feeding live is OK if you NEED to. Only a complete wanka would do it if they didnt need to. I have fed live mice on 3 occasions, after a snake would not eat for 6months after trying everything bar live and force feeding, I decided to try live, and hey it worked!!

Feeding live for enjoyment is crap, and people who do it should have their animals taken away... As others have said it doesnt matter what type of animal was fed, as long as it was killed humanely

Actually spotted...most pythons are great feeders. I have never fed live to a python.

I have four different pythons, all eat thawed food. One of my snakes was three when I got it and had been feed live all it's life. I brought it home wiggled a rat in front of it and bang, it ate it.

Most of the time you just need to move the good quality thawed item around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back