im new around here

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frebib(69)

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

My name is Raymond
I have a beardie (that will hopefully b a reddie) :D
and a shingle from the ballot the other day.
i was just wondering how often i should feed the
shingle and if i give it water how often i should.

Raymond.

a shingle should be fed atleast once a week

a shingle should have clean water at all times

yes, i had beardie's before i got my bluey's, i always had a small bowl with water, and for extra water i used a spray bottle to spray water on the side of their cage and in my case also on the plants in their tank,

cheers,
steve.......

i have a small water bowl in my beardie cage, but ive never seen him drink from it

mine didn't at the start, thats why every morning i made sure i sprayed water on the tank, after awhile they knew when to wait for the water, as long as you have water they can drink if they want,

cheers,
steve.........

I have a water dish in my enclosure and they love to get in and have a soak every now and then.

how are you raymond welcome !
Pardon my ignorance but i dont know anything about lizards so how do they drink if they dont have water bowls ? do you just mist them ?

misting does work, but better if you get them used to a water dish as hugsta stated,

cheers,
steve.......

ive never seen mine dring even from misting so i assume that they get all their water from their food.

Beardies and the like prefer to drink from plants etc in the wild and therefore love the occasional misting, they will drink the droplets etc.
Sleepies are a low humidity lizard and as such do not require constant water. Put a bowl in for them once or twice a week and once they have a good drink remove it. It does also depend on what diet you provide for them, wet diet = less water,
Dry diet = more water.
Hope this helps?

thanks africancichlidau the shingle is on canned dog food... it has beef chicken and vegies...

Welcome Frebib.

In the wild Beardies learn to drink from droplets on leaves from dew and rain.

You can mist your Beardie so he learns to lick the droplets.

1 of ours bends his head down to make a pool of water in front of him. I have seen them drink from a water bowl. They drink long and flat out ( - - Like a lizard drinking. lol).
Beardies love the water bowl to lay and defecate in, so teaching it to drink droplets is a good idea.

Em

i never leave a water bowl in with my shinglebacks for more than an hour or so once a week! it just rases the humidity to much!!
they seem to like a lot of fruit and vegies un like my bluies who like meat as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back