The death of Kevin Budden

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't normally get involved in something like this but i read comments more worthy of being deleted for last night that's for sure.

Come back zoe.........

thats just wrong zoe being deleted she is a nice person.
everyone has a right to there say just because people don't agree this guy is a hero doesn't give the people the right to get on there back about. just like the steve irwin thread just cause i didn't like him they all started being mean. and now it is happening again with this thread. all i am saying why agrue over this when the person is dead. and don't bother writing back if your going to say something mean or to tell me off.

Are we all friends here? arn't we ment to learn and profit from knowing eachother. isn't that the purpose of sites like this. y is so much time and effort spent on arguing when there are so many things that "we" don't know. y not learn and then share what u've learn't?
This is y i think that "Interesting Weblinks and Stories" was created. Fuscus seems to be on the right track. y not follow his lead.

What on earth are you arguing about. Kevin Budden caught a taipan that helped in the development of taipan antivenom. When your're on the recieving end of a taipan i'm sure you'll thank some of the pioneering Australian herpetologists like Eric Worrel, Kevin Budden and Ram Chandra, David Flea, the Canns etc. If it wern't for people like these there would be many more deaths from snake bite every year. It is really arrogant to say things like that to people who like this who have devoted their whole lives to herpetology and their work has consequently saved many many lives.

Alexahnder

re;ZOE
I only ask her to say sorry to me about the comment against me regarding not deleting somebody's comment becaose I like what he is saying.
Acusation was not true and simple apology I asked 5 times from her did not come. Insted of it just smart comments which I am not interested in.
I did my job as admins properly and edited all posts as soon as I red them, before I started post in to this topic.
I can't work and run this site with member who have such a low opinion about me, that simple sorry slatey is to hard for him.
This action of mine have nothing to do with this topic and peoples opinion on the meter.
I just think that I should have little of respect or all my involvment in running this site is pointles.

Well said Alexahnder
I have same opinion on the subject.
If people feel differently about Kevin Budden, that is fine with me, but I think that the man should have respect from people devotet to herpetology. If he make some mistake in the past, he paid for it ultimate price, but I do not think he should be called idiot on our site.

I have just read this thread with interest. If it wasn't for people like Kevin Budden, Eric Worrel and Ken Slater we would not have a Taipan antivenom today. These were very brave men who had only one thought on their minds. To help save human lives. They knew the risks that if they made a mistake, they would die, but they took it anyway. Kevin unfortunately made a mistake and did pay. Taipans were considered rare in those days and only thought to be found around Cairns.

To call Kevin an idiot is just wrong and disrespectfull. These men were heros risking their lives to save others. There is no difference to what they did as to a fireman pulling someone from a burning house, or a livesaver dragging a swimmer from a shark attack. Would you call the fireman who died this week trying to save a childs life an idiot. I hope not.

thats a great analogy Bob. I find it really rude that people who risked and lost their life to taipans for the sole purpose of saving other peoples lives to be criticised and insulted.

Alexahnder

sorry to say but if people just left the bush alone and don't go in there then they most likely won't get bitten. on the farms you have no choice but people in towns and cities do the reptiles are best left alone not disturbed or picked up. it brings stress on them exspecialy being wild. and they say while bush walking or camping never go alone just in chase you get bitten or something dangerous happens. brodie if you got bittin you wouldn't be thought of a hero you will thought of an idoit who dicided to go alone and died because of it. yeah antivenom was produced by the snakes they needed the snakes venom to make the antivenom thats what i heard and read. no ones a hero i don't think no guy that goes out there and gets themselfs killed just for that is an idoit. maybe if people just stood still the snake would move on. and then maybe they should of just not go in the bush or where there are snakes and that is less chance of getting bitten.

If I left the bush alone (ie, never went there) I'd never be able to appreciate it. To say we shouldn't go there is absurd. Often I go by myself, and I'm always on the lookout for snakes. Perhaps one day I'll die from snake bite, perhaps it'll be a car accident, going by stats it'll most likely be heart disease or cancer. Whatever the cause, I know I'll die and it could be any day. If we are to attempt to completely eliminate all our risk taking we shouldn't be driving cars, drinking alcohol, eating new types of food, talking to new people or using high voltage electricity in our houses. Risk taking is unavoidable and some people wish to take bigger and/or more risks than others, that's their choice and if they die, it's only them who die (unless they risk others' lives, which I agree is deplorable). Today I handled deadly snakes, went skydiving, smoked a ciggarette and drove hundreds of kilometres in a car, any could have killed me and if I had died (or die tomorrow) I'd prefer people said I died living as I saw fit rather than calling me an idiot, I'd be content dying and I think our friend with the taipan was too. It's thanks to people like him who people like me who owe their lives to antivenom are alive.

Perhaps one day I'll die from snake bite, perhaps it'll be a car accident, going by stats it'll most likely be heart disease or cancer.

Well said. In my case I hope it's from cigarrettes and whisky and wild wild women :)

Well said guys,
I think its awesome what these guys did, and I'm glad that pretty much all members on this site agree with me. Nice to hear you comments too Bob, excellent analogy mate.
Brodie

So slatey you banned Zoe for not apoligising to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back