Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well the first Sydney reptiles show is over. Good roll up, but could have been a bit better.

The $75 per reptile entry fee was fully worth it. Not only did you get to show your reptile, but you also receive a cage worth well over $100ea. I did not hear one person complain about the cages qualities. There were 2 ft cages for small reptiles and 3 ft cages for larger ones.

Got to see many old friends there, as well as a few people from APS. All appeared to have a good time.

As for the reptiles, there was some very nice ones. Worthy of mention were a few Womas, a beautifull Yellow viticeps bearded dragon, one very nice M/D Carpet, as well as the best Diamond Python that I have seen in around 20 years.

The finals will be held at the Expo in early September, and I do hope everyone from this site living in Sydney comes and supports this event.

reckon its worth living in the cold though if u get to go to shows?

I hear that Teamsherman one best in his class with his coastal carpet.

Congrats to him and anyone else that got through to the finals.

Sounds good. Did this diamond win its section. I think I need to see it.

Peter, I would give this Diamond 9.5 out of ten. There was a horse shed at Lisarow, here on the Central Coast where we used to find Diamonds like this one. Unfortunately, it is now a housing estate.

As I said before, its the best I have seen in around 20 years. The yellow on its back half was nearly orange. Its only about 2 years old and around 1.2 metres long. It would be interesting to see if it holds this colour as an adult. I actually think it will.

I got 2 out of three entries through to the next round. The cages were great and the day was really well organised. Teamsherman got his coastal through and craig got a diamond and bluey through and i got a childreni and a northern bluey through.

If the diamond bob is talking about is the one i think it is it was beautiful!! It was also opposite my entries......hehe

Bobs ( i think it was) wierd white BHP was really cool too

Alexahnder

Alexahnder, They should have had a class for weird enties. My BHP would be good for that class. Congratulations on getting through to the finals. Your northern Blue Tongue was very nice.

Thanks. There was another nicer one I had in a bag under the cages that was almost finished shedding but was a bit bunged up from fighting a few months ago. I'm gonna see if I can enter that one in the show at darling harbour instead. It has heaps wider even bands and better colour.

Also do you know what the Sydney Reptile Center is?? they got some entries through too i think.

Alexahnder

There were 4 jungle entries. 3 were black and gold and one was an atherton which was mine. My atherton came 4th.

Alexahnder. I have no idea who the Sydney Reptile Centre are, but their Womas did well. As for your Northern Bluetongue, use the better one at the expo, no one will know.

Browns, there were 4 Jungles, but they were not judged on colour. They were mainly judge on size and condition first. I entered a 5 month old juvenile which was the cleanest patterned and coloured there, yet it only came 3rd as the others were far bigger.

I was told by one judge that the juvenile reptiles were penalised as they are normally brighter than adults. They looked more for overall condition instead. Pitty most of the judges didnt realise that its the opposite for Jungles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back