Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know any breeders of the black and white diamond pythons.
Yeah, me spotted. Hehehehe, that's if they go this year.

Thats interesting the way they judged it.

Did you see the juvie stimsoni. I was waiting for it to get out of the vents in the back of the cage. Could have got through in 2 seconds.

Did you see the huge shingleback?

Alexahnder

Browns, there were 4 Jungles, but they were not judged on colour. They were mainly judge on size and condition first. I entered a 5 month old juvenile which was the cleanest patterned and coloured there, yet it only came 3rd as the others were far bigger.
What...not judged on colour....that is ridicolous...that's what it's all about...nice clean gold/yellow and good black..So what do they judge a diamond on?Colour and good markings i'm guessing..

Did they have enough animals for each category? You said before that there was only 4 jungles entered, does this mean there were only 4 worthy of going through or that was the total amount entered.

Browns, if it was an adult with nice colours and good condition, then by the judging standards used it would beat a juvenille of better coulouring.

Here's a few pics of a 2 foot version of the cages we were given for entering. As you can see they aren't half bad. :D The second shot is a side view showing how the back half of the lid opens to a compartment for a fluro light fitting.

Browns, if it was an adult with nice colours and good condition, then by the judging standards used it would beat a juvenille of better coulouring.

Yeah i can understand that..what about yearlings ns tuff?Most jungles look their best round 12-18 mths...

Browns, it was a 2 year old that won. It was about 3 ft long and bred by Kieran Alland in Brisbane. At this age it has probably hit its best colouring, whereas mine at 5 months(which was allready better coloured and patterned) should only keep improving. I dont think the judges unstood this with Jungles.

with judging any animal there is a huge area for interpretation by a judge.you only have to follow dog shows to see that personal preferences and ideas of course come into it.judging a reptile would be difficult.with a jungle you would expect that regardless of age if you looked at it and in the first 10 seconds it made you go wow when the others didn't that would be your pick.if your jungle bob was a perfect banded animal but the judge preferred a blotched pattern and saw that as his ideal for a jungle then the chips are already stacked against ya.human error i guess.

obee

It's the same as any competition really. The judges interpretations ultimately decide the winners, not what is perceived as a perfect animal by some people. That's why winners of band competitions shouldn't be named the best in the world. Also, the judges may have the alterior motive of choosing adult animals so they may displayed at the Wild Expo and people can see animals of significant size. Might increase the "wow factor" for the general public who visit in September.

Simon Archibald

Yep,i have found that with jungles, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.What one person thinks is a very pretty jungle ,another person may think it ugly.Although when it comes down to stunning trophy winning examples of animals most would agree on their beauty.

Maybe there should be best juvenile,yearling to subadult and adult categories.Many juveniles look absolutely stunning starting anywhere from 3-6 mths old but can just as quickly fade and smudge by the time they are yearlings. Yearlings to subadults should be looking their best at that time but can also dull out.I think in my opinion it''s the adult jungles that have held their colour well into adulthood that should take the trophy.

That's just my view though and i'm sure not everyone would agree.

Heres a bad picture of the nice Diamond from the show. In the sunlight this animal is stunning

Wow, that has to be the first diamond I have ever liked the look of. I have seen nice ones, but not good enough for me to bother making an enclosure for them...but that snake is...WOW :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back