Zoe getting banned?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slatey, You know that I normally agree with you on looking after this site, but I think that maybe this time you may be wrong. I think what it all comes down to is that you both had an opinion that disagreed with each other and you both are stubborn as we all know. I think you should allow her to come back and let's all forget that it ever happened. You know in your heart that Zoe is an advocate of this site and she more often then not sticks up for you and this site. Come on mate it's obvious that she is a good member and shouldn't be banned from this site just for one disagreement.

Slateman has asked for an apology - this means he feels he is owed one - regardless of what anyone else thinks - Slateman feels Zoe crossed the line and needs to apologize.

By my principles if someone has asked for an apology, you either apologize or go away,

Instead of you all asking Slateman to go back on this principle, why not ask Zoe to apologize!! Its only one word. I am sure Zoe would be more than welcome back after apologizing.

ad said:
Slateman has asked for an apology - this means he feels he is owed one - regardless of what anyone else thinks - Slateman feels Zoe crossed the line and needs to apologize.

By my principles if someone has asked for an apology, you either apologize or go away,

Instead of you all asking Slateman to go back on this principle, why not ask Zoe to apologize!! Its only one word. I am sure Zoe would be more than welcome back after apologizing.

Asking Zoe to apologize for something she knows she didn't do wrong is as much against her principle as it is Jan's for booting her.

It's the old Mexican Stand-off.

Forcing an apology out of someone who believes they've done nothing wrong is stupid. The best you can hope for is to crush their spirit enough for them to say something they don't feel comfortable or honestly mean and the only benefit to the apologisee can be if they feel satisfied and big about themself for having crushed the spirit of the apologiser. I think there's a pretty clear consensus hear that she didn't do anything wrong, or at worst nothing serious enough to warrant banning her or treating her like this. She wasn't exactly a nasty character and it seems pretty much everyone wants her back and no one other than slateman wants her gone (or at least no one willing to say it). so,

bring back Zoe!

I have just read the thread in which Zoe was deleted, if slateman has recorded evidence that Zoe made her post about him not editing, after he edited, then clearly it couldn't have been there when she made the statement, therefore he does have a reason to be upset, I personally couldn't find any other reason for her being banned except that she accused him of using his "power" as a moderator to further his own opinion.

By the way mods, in a comment made by Zoe in that thread, she quoted ackie and his swearing, the swearing still exists in the quote, you might want to go and edit that out. It could well be that Zoe looked at her quote of ackie and saw that it was still there and assumed that slateman had not edited it out, while he did edit ackie's original post he missed the quote of it in Zoe's post. So this could simply be a misunderstanding, maybe slateman should contact Zoe and ask her if this is what happended.

I do think that banning her was a bit excessive, I have seen much worse (and untrue) accusations thrown around here before and the offenders were not banned.

Cheers.

Poll= Bring Zoe back, or burn her at the stake?
We love Zoe
83% [ 26 ]
Zoe is the spawn of Satan
16% [ 5 ]

Total Votes : 31

all it was, was a missunderstanding......
i think it should just be left alone.....banning was a bit too much

Ad, Zoe demands an apology from you for calling her the spawn of satan, and by your principles, you should either apologise or go away, and she did partially apologise to slateman, but it obvisiouly wasn't good enough.

Alexahnder

Alex,
You show me where I called Zoe that and I shall apologize or go away from Zoe's website!
maybe she should be partially let back in after her partial apology - did you partially make it for her? and does that mean she was partially wrong then?
its all too petty for me - im sorry for getting involved.

Yes i agree that this is very petty, but the origional banning of Zoe was rediculous.

Zoes Reply:

If he voted against me then he has voted that i am the spawn of satan, and in your origional post you said that "By my principles, if someone has asked for an apology, you should either apologise or go away" You don't say that you should only apologise if you did something wrong, you said that if someone asks for an apology you should apologise or go away.

Zoe

Zoe did nothing wrong and was unfairly treated. And going by the vote statistics, the majourity of people agree that she should be brought back. It seems to me that if cyber_crimes was allowed back after what he did, then zoe should definatly be allowed back afetr she did nothing wrong!!

Alexahnder

Quite a few members have been banned in the past,a few of them even got banned for reasons as lame if not more lame than what zoe got banned for.
Its been going on for ages,long before a lot of you commenting on it have been here.Seem if the owner doesn't like you then your gone.I guess at the end of the day its his site but sometimes I think that he might forget that without members he will have no site.

I've been away, Zoe banned? Hope she will be back soon :cry: . And we humans are all the spawn of Satan :twisted: .

Take that back parko i am the only true spawn of satan im extremly surprised this post hasnt been locked yet im going on strike ha ha ha im gunna do every one a big favour and delete my account at 10:00 tonight in the name of zoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back