Escapee olive is home.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet is it is still in the building that it was kept in. lots of talc over the page and perhaps a live food item in a cage to attact it.
The easist escapee search I had was when a one of my waters climbed onto my desk. Didn't even know she was out.

They are kept in the garage. That unfortunately isnt escape proof. I live abutting a railway line and with a school beyong that. Most of the houses in the street have just under a hectare of land. The bottom of my yard is a small bamboo forest. Thats big bamboo in a small area.
Ther gararge also house the rats so I am hoping shes still in there She is about to shed though so wont be feeling to hungry. The guy who owns her only got her about a week ago.

lol fusy :lol:

please keep us informed on your progress peter and good luck with it!
for some reason i can always find things that are lost or misplaced......something i picked up as a kid trying to find the lollies ;)
always did to :lol:

when my MD got out....she is so small and i wasn't sure where to start
then i thought of places warm and 'home like'
so i went behind the T.V. thing and there she was all curled up with the extension cord!
oh she is so cute ;)

Pete,

When I lost my young Jungle he was gone for 2 weeks and ended up in a food trap I set for him only 1 room from his cage.

I learnt that day that even though we consider them escapees who would run as far as they can from their cage all they are really seeking is a warm place and eventually food. Maybe worth setting some food traps after you think she will have shed. Perhaps also some heaters in the garage to create some cosy spots to hide.

Hope you find her.

Michael

I have a couple of ceramic bulbs ready to go in this evening. As I asay the rats are already in there so i am hoping she will besitting on top of their cages.

Hey pete, sorry to hear about your drama. one of my spotteds escaped about 1month back, when this happened we pulled apart the whole house looking 4 him, only to find him curled up at the bottom of this cupbord thing that has a hollow back about 4hrs later, was about 1am. the thing is that it is the next thing closest to his enclosure. I didn;'t know it was hollow. best of luck,
pete

You might try looking on top of the hot water service as well. That's where my olive went when he escaped. :oops:

Wow! So many escapee stories! Don't you guys have lids on your cages?

hehe....... YESSSSSSSSS. mine happened when my bro closed it the glass doors slide close together and sometimes the lock will grip on the other door when sliding so it leaves a small gap at the other end. very annoying. and now i m paranoied about it. always tripple check.
pete

Good luck Peter, I hope you find Celia before it's too late. Plenty of heat spots in the garage in some nice cosy hides near by should help if she's still there.

Well, She has started to shed as I found a small skin scrap in the roof. That means she should be hungry very soon.

Whats this lid thing your talking about? That sounds innovative.

:p hey peter did you have them in an enclosure with glass sliders?if so i may know how they got out,i had 2 water pythons team up jam themselves between hide n glass & pushing againest hide each other & glass & low n behold open the door came :lol: .I thought it may have been a fluke,but as soon as they went back together they appeared to go straight to work,so be careful cause if they done it once theyll do it again. :p

cherrs popp

olive escapee returns

Well, what can I say. its cold, the rain is teaming down. Where should a tropical snake go. Drape yourself on top of a brown snakes enclosure. I walked past her and started to clean out the males enclosure when I had this weird image flash in my minds eye. I had just seen an olive python and it wasnt the one in front of me. It was a strange duality situation but there she was when I turned around again. She looks a bit of a mess. Bits of grease and other strange stains and a really bad shed. Apart from that seem ok. Yeeehaah!]
Thanks for all the advice y'all.

Great news Peter.....wouldn't it be cool to have a little camera on her back to see what she got up to :)

also ring your local radio station ask them to put it over the air i done that when my OESD went missing.

Local radio is the way many ppl get to know then.........

PK

I do hope you find her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back